Maxi dot on pre fl

Can someone tell me why in "Vehicle status" I have "no entry"?

And one more thing. My "Audio" option disappeared...?

P.S. how can display more information on the MFD?

Edited by Vladimir08

Can someone tell me why in "Vehicle status" I have "no entry"?

And one more thing. My "Audio" option disappeared...?

P.S. how can display more information on the MFD?

No Entry = No warnings (if you open the door or run low on fuel or low screenwash or have an actual fault then that will show

If Audio is missing it can be due that the radio is switched off or the coding is wrong 

I'm petty sure they would work

Can you read your SKC / Pin Code?

First i need to get other cable or test ross-tech cable with other laptop without ross-tech drivers/software.

Absolutely yes, when my first maxidot retrofit was done, I could only source a VRS cluster, which I didn't want in my Elegance. The dial fascias were simply swapped over at the time of the retrofit.

Just make sure that the old and new clusters have the same range on both speedo and rev counter -- for example, petrol clusters are marked to 7000rpm, diesels to 6000.

Mike

Revs are same 7000, but speedo is different. Vrs got 270km and nonvrs 240km.

I found one workshop, they are specialized to car electric.

Asked them about immobilizer on cluster. They said yes, we can do that.

Its 160km away from me but ok for me.

Booked time to friday :)

Thanks Mike.

I'll have a look when I get my VCDS cable back from my brother who's decided to "commandeer" it :(

I've factory fitted maxidot and mfsw but no comfort menu. I've probably got the mid-line controller, but worth a look.

Not off the top of my head, but I do know there is a single tick box option within 46 Central Convenience which is for COMFORT MENU INACTIVE. This box needs to be UNTICKED for the comfort menu to show. If I get chance later I'll plug in and try to find you the actual byte and bit.

I had to enable this (untick it) when the maxidot was retrofitted on the 08 plate, as soon as it was unticked, the menu appeared.

Mike

What's in the comfort menu?

And is there a list anywhere of what I actually get with Maxidot? I'm getting mine fitted in a couple of weeks :)

I've factory fitted maxidot and mfsw but no comfort menu. I've probably got the mid-line controller, but worth a look.

On an elegance spec car I think you should have it. Mine appeared after unticking the box after my maxidot retrofit.

You can also enable and disable rain closing if you've already enabled that with VCDS.

Edited by Phil-E

Ah yeah that's true. I think actually there was a change made around the 57 and 08 plates cars as that's why I was able to enable cornering fog lights whereas you can't on older cars.

Actually, I have an old scan to hand so have the part no.

My convenience module is: 1K0959433AK, which I'm fairly sure is a midline one.

Edited by softscoop

Maxi dot fitted :)

But, they only read both clusters and i did swap when i was back home.

Now problem is mileage, cant get it corrected with real km's. Vcds cant do that? Getting error when i try to add new value.

Other problem, maxi dot not going back to options when navigation or audio selected? dont have mfsw. Only wiper stalk.

The mileage cannot be changed with VCDS. The new maxidot should have been zero initialised before installation.

The locking up of the maxidot is not a maxidot issue, it is an incompatible firmware on your navigation unit. One firmware that does this is 2760 on the Columbus/RNS510. There is a maxidot and MFSW fix for the firmware which involves swapping a couple of label files over.

Columbus firmware is 5274 and i found fix for that fw. Thanks!

Its a 2nd hand cluster for vrs :) and i will found a way to correct mileage

Within the comfort menu you get the options to change the behaviour of central locking, alarm chirps, options to switch off synchronised mirror adjustment and comfort indicators. There are probably more but I'm nowhere near the car at the moment so will check later (man-flu!)

Mike

. cheers :)