Paddle shift

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I'm picking up my new 190 DSG L&K estate on Saturday, bought from dealer stock. It's not got the paddle shift option fitted, though I would have specced it on a new build.

The dealer informs me paddle shift is not available as a retro fit. Does anyone know different or can confirm the dealer is correct?

I only ask as I was told by a main dealer that Bluetooth was not available as a retro fit on my mk2 SE and then I found somewhere via the forum that offered module etc as retro fit.

I know the box has tiptronic, but I fancy the option.

Thanks in advance.

http://skodadop.com/en/superb-iii/ruli-1/

I ordered a steering wheel from here for my pre FL Superb with no problems. Straight swap as well.

One of the buttons on the mk3 Superb is different (assist function instead of voice control) but I can't see why you can't swap out the right hand button cluster. Airbag should be a straight swap too.

The buttons just pull out of the wheel once the airbag is off, reuse your existing buttons on the new wheel (they are both attached to the piano black plastic trim, so change the lot)

Worst case senario you may need a new controller as well, but I doubt that very much on an L&K.

• Like 1

The buttons just pull out of the wheel once the airbag is off, reuse your existing buttons on the new wheel (they are both attached to the piano black plastic trim, so change the lot)

Worst case senario you may need a new controller as well, but I doubt that very much on an L&K.

Surely there will also be some form of wiring loom required in order to actuate the up and down shifts?

Yes but the loom comes with the new wheel.

Interesting, does that just plug into a body control module then and then you code the function in?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Devonshiredave Hi! This topic seems old, but lets try out... 

I’m about to swap my skoda octavia 3  multifunction steering wheel (four spoke) to vrs flat bottom with flappy paddles... do you think theres something else than coding the flaps to work? Do i have swap the buttons or buy new module to get flaps working? 

Cheers.

I think you'll need the button modules for the flappy paddles as the standard MFSW units will not have the port for the paddle cables. Check with your local dealer, but I think the part no is 5E0 919 719B. When I fitted the units to my S3 Superb, it didn't need coding once I had the correct buttons. I can't say for sure if the Octy 3 needs coding. I hope this helps?