Octavia 4x4 estate or Scout.

As stated previously, check the alloys for delamination, and find out when the Haldex oil was changed. If the intervals are the same as the FL Gen4, then the beige should have had 2, and the black one 3.

Check the padding on the drivers seat, as there have been a few reports of it collapsing. I had mine replaced under warranty after less than 18 months, so it wasn't just an isolated incident with mine.

I thought that too, strange difference in colour.

The drivers seat side airbag has moved too, a problem reported a few times on the Octavia seats.

I'd go for the second one, the Scout looks great in black, although I am biased! It is a shame the previous owner didn't use carpet mats, the main floor carpet is almost worn through.

IMG_12975.jpg

The second one is quite a low spec. No maxidot or MFSW. No raised boot floor - unless that's hiding somewhere. Given the wear to the carpet, I'd also want to know what that tow bar has been used for - if you don't look after your carpets, you're unlikely to care how you treat the rest of the car. And I know I've mentioned it before but, given the spec & mileage - I think it's overpriced.

• Like 1

Well I bit the bullet today and went out and bought myself an 08 scout,

It's got 82k on the clock fsh main dealer,probably paid a bit too much,

but compared to some I've seen and with higher mileage I'm happy with what 

I've got,hopefully it will give me some trouble free motoring.

Will put some pic's up tomorrow  :happy:

Well I bit the bullet today and went out and bought myself an 08 scout,

It's got 82k on the clock fsh main dealer,probably paid a bit too much,

but compared to some I've seen and with higher mileage I'm happy with what 

I've got,hopefully it will give me some trouble free motoring.

Will put some pic's up tomorrow  :happy:

Congrats!

• Like 1

Sorry guys,on nights this week,so not been able to do much apart from drive it.Gotta say though i'm pleased with it so far.

It's quite a basic model but really tidy and as I said came with full main dealer history.

Will take some pics at the weekend and put them up  :happy:

I know you've made the decision, but to avoid any DPF or cambelt issues you could've plumped for the 1.8TSI Scout. It's cheaper because it's a petrol and so only about 36mpg average, but it goes really well and is lovely to drive. Ideal for someone who only drives 10miles to work and back (my wife runs ours and she just uses it for the school run, etc and then we use it to tow our caravan). Anyway, something to consider for anyone else who reads this thread in the future.

We ran a 2.0TDI PD 08 Scout before this one and never had any problems with it, so I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

• Like 1

Maybe not from a main dealer, but privately maybe, or if he'd raised a bit more money (as stated in the first post). They don't hold their value very well compared with the diesels, although saying that they are much rarer so I guess that would impact the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guy's been really busy with work and not had chance to take any pic's as yet,

off on a road trip to ross on wye tomorrow for 2 days,look out for KW08 midnight blue scout.

Will sort some pic's out when i get back and get it cleaned up.

Nice colour and, if they are Cross Climates, good choice!

I always think the darker colours look good with the grey plastic and that's a nice metallic.

The wheels look to be in reasonable condition as well - they are a weak point on the Scout's

• Like 1

Do like the colour myself,it came with goodyear vector 4 seasons on and they seem ok,pulled me up quite a steep muddy incline with no trouble, couldn't have tackled it in my old mondeo☺

Forgot to add,wheels are in great condition just a bit dirty ☺

Edited by johncoppo

By far the best colour ;)

Go wash your mouth out with soap!

It is scientifically proven that Anthracite is the best Scout colour!

Go wash your mouth out with soap!

It is scientifically proven that Anthracite is the best Scout colour!

he he - also the best colour for 4x4's...   :D    ...but I do still like that blue!

• Like 1

he he - also the best colour for 4x4's...   :D    ...but I do still like that blue!

Yeah there's something about that dark blue that really catches the eye,especially when clean :D

• Like 1