24 Hour clock + central locking botton

Hi all,

Just purchased VRS cr 170 2012 model.

Can the clock on the display be changed from 24hour to 12hour format?

Also the central locking botton by the gear lever be disabled I find it locks all doors even when im sat inside alone.

T I A.

I think the 12/24 hour is only a function of a maxidot cluster, at least in the manual there is no mention of such a setting for a standard trip computer.

If you are shown an outline of the car with a door open as you get in then it should be under settings -> time.

If you aren't shown such an image then it might only be possible with VCDS or other diagnostic software. It's not something I've tried so I can't be sure.

Not too sure what your second question is.

Are you wanting to disable the auto lock function where the car doors lock once you're traveling above 10-15mph?

Are you pressing the button and only wanting it to lock certain doors rather than all of them?

I realise that you're never going to drive on the right side of the road, but you've gone metric on most other things, and there now goes 100 Pence to a Pound, so why don't you just adapt the 24-hour clock as well?

It's a royal pain in the behind for us Europeans that we have to deal with the logic-ridden AM/PM time system just because we chose English in internet ticket finders, device settings and instruction manuals.

The 24 Hour Clock is not metric.

And is it really that difficult to add 12 onto 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12?

If you want to know what difficult adding is, try adding up all those extra cents (approximately 28 at today's rate) because the exchange rate is not €1-£1.

Hey @Tranberg your actually ruder than my Mothers butcher  :thumbdown:  :x  

Yeah my poor Mum asked our local butcher for a Pound(lb) of sausages, well he kinda grinned at her in a disrespectful way and said 'ha ha sorry Mrs Ardle but it's actually Kilos(kg)...... So my Mum grinned back at him and said 'oh in that case I'll have a Pound of Kilos then' lol........ :clap:  :clap:

You didn't see my tongue in the cheek.

But seriously.  I can never remember if AM stands for after midday or PM stands for past midday, so I have to look it up every time.

Besides, 12H clocks with green digits remind me of 1980's Japanese cars and any vehicle with a 12H clock digital which can't be changed to 24H screams out "cheap, low quality" to me.

I come to think of Sun Maid raisins: "New metric pack: 227 gram" (½ lbs)

You do things differently across the Channel. If a German and Dane agree to meet at ½ 4, they mean 3.30 whereas you Brits mean half past 4, 4.30

Hi all,

Just purchased VRS cr 170 2012 model.

Can the clock on the display be changed from 24hour to 12hour format?

T I A.

When I was looking at features of carista app (paid access) it does show alter time from 12H to 24H or viceversa, with a compatible ODB2 adapter.

Based on this I can only assume that it's also possible to do via VCDS.

Someone with VCDS may be able to confirm though.