Seat heater

Torbo

The seat heater on my Fabia 1.4 200 model does not work on the driver seat. I have not looked into it yet, but if there is someone who knows of the problem, I can probably find fault more easily.

Anyone know where to begin?
Connection to elementat?
The item (s)?
Regulator on the dashboard?
The regulation goes from 0-5 and I can not feel some heat on any of the settings.
Another thing:
I also have a warning on the coolant level. i can drive about 500 km, and the light comes on, and it seems to be to low level in the bowl.
May be I shall check the gas in the bowl?
After drawing the head bolts 1/4 turn? To se if the gasket is to "used" old or has a microscopic leak?  (an old trick) - not sure if it is safe?

My 1,2 2003 Fabia is running well now....
Edited by Torbo

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I picked the seat apart. And far back it was scorching .

Under a strong insulation on the cord was the breach !
2ekq7ub.jpg 
A little difficult to remove the insulation on the cord it did not seem to melt with the soldering iron . Had to scrape away a bit with scissors.

So went the soldering fine.

24m4xh3.jpg 
Did not measured, since there a relay that controls the flow in five different effects, but it's 99 percent sure that it works now.
It would be time consuming to figure out the relay and wiring .

Washed move simultaneously and assemble today .
Exciting....

Edited by Torbo

• 4 years later...

Hey guys i have the same problem on a skoda fabia elegance 2004 just on the drivers seat. I was wondering what you did to fix it  do you have any pictures or something? i belive it is just a cable or something. Thanks for your help

Exactly! Mine was also went off. It was the same problem. Look under the seat at the point where the cable enters the foam of the bottom part. You maybe have to dig a little! Looks like a common problem with the heating seats! 

Edited by makymak

Ok i Think i have to take of the screws on the seat so i can lift it up. Becuse i cant check under do to it has like a plastic protection under the seat cant look under it. I wonder if it is this on the picture that i need to exchange. 

thumb.jpeg.jpg

You don't have to change any part. A cable is broken and you have to solder it. You should unbolt the seat. You have access to the cable from the rear side. You should take the fabric out of the metal plate and then you will see the foam. Dig it a little tracking the cable and you will find the breakage. 

• Like 1