Tuning my 1.6 CR TDI

Hi guys, my lame 1.6 TDI has just had its 3 year birthday. As a special present I was going to get her a lovely remap to hopefully put a few hairs on her chest. Now my question is: my car has had the recall notice so do you suggest waiting until Skoda /VW fix the emissions or will it be OK to do now?

Many thanks

Blubber2

The only negative I can see is possible resale if you sell the car

As far as I know you won't be able to get the fix done later if you refuse it when offered, so you won't be able to use it as a selling point

Edited by Brimma

Over this way if you don't go and do the recall, the garage will let the motor department know.

They will call you for an extra inspection and if not done recall the cars plates will be considered invalid.

I myself have remap and after recall will get software back into it

I would wait unless you remap company will do it again for free further down da road

Edited by alberg

Maybe the MOT is only a matter between the car's owner and the garage performing the MOT, with no central database keeping records about the MOT status of any particular vehicle?

Until July 1998,[17] driving licences outside Northern Ireland did not have photographs. Anyone who holds a licence issued before this date may retain their photo-less licence until expiry (normally one's seventieth birthday) or until they change address, whichever comes sooner.

Edited by Tranberg

Maybe the MOT is only a matter between the car's owner and the garage performing the MOT, with no central database keeping records about the MOT status of any particular vehicle?

Driving licenses have no relevance to an MOT of a vehicle (your quote), and MOT's these days are recorded centrally at VOSA since 2005: http://mottesting.org.uk/mot-computerisation-information.html

Edited by nickgpfc

Well, then I can't imagine that getting the emissions fix carried out will be left to the owner's own decision, since it will be trivial to flag all the involved VIN-numbers in the VOSA system which has not had the fix done, blocking them from passing MOT.

I know that this is exactly what they are going to do here in Denmark, where we have MOT every other year, starting from 4 years from the first registration date.