Columbus and SD cards

Can anyone tell me if there is a size limit on SD cards you can use with the unit thought I read something in the manual but cant find it now ? Also how do I find what version of software maps etc is on it?

Thanks (in hope) 

Jd

Can anyone tell me if there is a size limit on SD cards you can use with the unit thought I read something in the manual but cant find it now ? Also how do I find what version of software maps etc is on it?

Thanks (in hope) 

Jd

you will need to look in the hidden menu for what firmware you are running as this will limit what size sd card you can use...early versions are at most 4 - 8 gb / later firmwares allow up to 32gb sd cards.

you will need to look in the hidden menu for what firmware you are running as this will limit what size sd card you can use...early versions are at most 4 - 8 gb / later firmwares allow up to 32gb sd cards.

How do I get into it ?

How do I get into it ?

Press the speaker button (right corner, the one with the i on) and the setup button at the same time for a few sec, you will have:

FM

AM

Version information.

Press Vi then see SW version, mine is upgraded (2009 superb aswell) and has SW 3814 and supports 16-32gb sdcards. Before took 2gb max. Good luck.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Press the speaker button (right corner, the one with the i on) and the setup button at the same time for a few sec, you will have:

FM

AM

Version information.

Press Vi then see SW version, mine is upgraded (2009 superb aswell) and has SW 3814 and supports 16-32gb sdcards. Before took 2gb max. Good luck.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Just press and hold the "Setup" button. Holding the speaker (or star) button at the same time doesn't do anything.

I have been using a Sandisk 4gb SD card in my 2009 Elegance with no problem. Even before I updated the firmware and maps, it was fine. Try another brand of card as all too often some are fakes as I have discovered. A certain auction site has a lot of less than honestly described memory cards and sticks.

OK software is version 5238 so czni assume 32 gig is ok? Also is there a wy to find the hard disk size?

5238 will be fine for 32Gb sd card. The HD size will be dependent on the age of the unit, and it'll be in the developer menu if you have access to that.