Vision S - The Skoda Kodiaq

You need to think of the Alteca and the Kodiak as a Nissan Qashqai and the Nissan X-trail. Both the exact same car but different bodies and different body lengths.

You need to think of the Alteca and the Kodiak as a Nissan Qashqai and the Nissan X-trail. Both the exact same car but different bodies and different body lengths.

so they're not the exact same car then ? :p

reminds me of Murray Walker: "The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."

Edited by Wet Kipper
  • Like 2

I suppose they need to fill the Geneva stand with something now that the Roomster 2 is dead, and thus there is no launch for that.

A few minor spec changes to the remainder of the range is not going to give the wow factor to the brand in a show where new model launches are common.

Ahh . I get it.

You mean they're both identical, except the Kodiak, which is bigger. :D

You hit the nail on the head!

I suspect to differentiate them in the market, the Škoda will have 7 seats as standard (hence being longer) and the SEAT will only ever have 5 seats. So then it is the Škoda X-trail and the SEAT Qashqai. Same cars in essence yet different.

I don't think that's correct. The Ateca will have more in common with the Yeti2. There are rumours SEAT may get a 7 seat SUV at a later date which would have more in common with the Kodiaq.

Regarding a hybrid version, the new Skoda boss said the Superb will be the first production Skoda hybrid.

Odd that Skoda CZ are not correcting the spelling with the usual Journals & Journalists they use to leak via 'insiders'!

That will be the twist in the tale then,

people are waiting to see the Kodiak and they reveal the Kodiaq.

Anyway it sounds the same and its been getting talked about now as what people are reading the name as.

Even the biggest Skoda Forum has the thread titled Kodiak.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

If Skoda had released the LWB Yeti before now they would have had increased sales i would reckon.

(Like this mule.)

Also a Light Commercial version of a LWB Yeti.

Then the more upmarket Kodiak / Kodiaq could have been a more prestige alternative and introduced the New Technology or the technology that has been developed for VW / Audi.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

Looks huge!

12764470_962701833822278_618627199147647

Apparently only 4.7m long so only slightly longer than an Octavia. However the height does make it look much bigger.

Interesting it has 6 seat layout 2+2+2

Apparently only 4.7m long so only slightly longer than an Octavia. However the height does make it look much bigger.

Interesting it has 6 seat layout 2+2+2

2+2+2 is for the concept only. The real deal will be a proper 2+3+2 like the X-trail.

A pity, unless , like the Sharan, they allow users to remove the centre seat from the middle row, and then move the 2 outside seats into rails mounted nearer the centre line of the vehicle.

Which was how we ran the Galaxy most of the time, only having 2 children.

much more civilized arrangment.

I like this Vision S, it could well be a contender for my final new car purchase.

cheers

m

• Like 1

The Kodiak is NOT the Yeti II. Hence the clue in its name... 

The Kodiak and the Alteca is the exact same car. Which are bigger than the current Yeti and the Yeti II.

Interesting. I can believe the Kodiak and Ateca are both *based on* the next gen Tiguan (i.e. MQB based). I can also believe they are closely related (a la Qashqai and X-trail, but maybe not as close as Qashqai and Qashqai+2 - reports seem to indicate the Ateca and Kodiak have different widths too).

But I am surprised that the Yeti II is not the Ateca though, as the Yeti competes in the same Qashqai sector. I guess we'll see whether they use some other (Q2 platform?) or shrink the same platform even smaller for that... 

But I am surprised that the Yeti II is not the Ateca though,

It is. Don't know how similar the bodyshell will be but the Ateca will have more in common with the Yeti2 than the Kodiaq.

• Like 1

^^ Your link confirms the name was not confirmed,

'please wait another couple of days.....'

We need the final approvals from authorities around the world....

and once we have those we can talk about it'

Edited by GoneOffSKi