not a good day

So on thursday went to leicester to go see the famous rtec. First my car didnt perform aswell asci thought it would off secondly my rear exhaust hanger broke off a ripped a hole in my backbox and had to drive home 100miles with ot tied of by elctirician wire (has got a lifttime garentee on it so they can fix it for free) thirdly i was parked in the hotel car park and some little **** smashed 2 of my windows and stole my satnav and ripped my stereo out in just wondering why ny alarm didbt go off

I can't see why you would press it twice when you can hear it lock after just one press.

Giving it 2 presses gives you the option to disable the deadlocks etc. if you so wish

Edited by SuperbTWM

Does your vrs actually have an alarm fitted, as most don't?.

This. Not sure if mine does, I'd have probably set it off by accident if it did!

Also I'm pretty sure a single press of the lock button doesn't deadlock and a double press does. Maybe there's a VCDS tweak to change that though!

This. Not sure if mine does, I'd have probably set it off by accident if it did!

Also I'm pretty sure a single press of the lock button doesn't deadlock and a double press does. Maybe there's a VCDS tweak to change that though!

Open your window and lock the car. See what a single press and a double press does. It'll also tell you if you have an alarm...

Got to remember that the car (any car) is designed so that any numpty can use it. and a lot of people would only ever think of pressing the lock button once, I mean why would you think to press it twice when you hear it and see it lock? So maximum security is achieved for minimum effort and thought.

Got to remember that the car (any car) is designed so that any numpty can use it. and a lot of people would only ever think of pressing the lock button once, I mean why would you think to press it twice when you hear it and see it lock? So maximum security is achieved for minimum effort and thought.

Thinking about it, my Dad had a few Citroen Xantias back in the day and they needed a double press for deadlocks so I can maybe see why some people are still pressing the button twice if they have had to do it before

Swmbo's Renault is press twice for alarm, daft. I always forget as I think every car I've ever owned has been press once for all the security you have, my Ibiza is the same. In my old toledo a press of the key fob lock when locked would disable the alarm.

Still ****ty rotten luck whichever way you shake it, not sure an alarm would stop thieves with all the grace, tact and sleight of hand of a wild boar in a sausage factory anyway, if you get my drift.

Edited by YellowCar

Alternatively it's just more sensible that way, rather than it being about how stupid they think we are. A lot of car manufacturers out there make things unnecessarily complicated, is that a form of flattery, are they complimenting us on our intelligence?

Alternatively it's just more sensible that way, rather than it being about how stupid they think we are. A lot of car manufacturers out there make things unnecessarily complicated, is that a form of flattery, are they complimenting us on our intelligence?

No, it's just showing how thick they are.

• Like 1

No, it's just showing how thick they are.

I do run and hide when the Mrs tells me another headlight bulb has gone on the Renault. I think Renault are the worst offenders Ive come across for things being stupidly fiddly

• Like 1