LED Sidelights Keep Blowing Foglights?

Jay21Nov

Hello just a quick question is it possible that my LED sidelights are the reason my foglight bulbs keep going pop? Ever since I fitted canbus led sidelights i have had to replace at least 6 fog light bulbs in the past 7 or 8 months and its no easy job to replace them but ever since i removed the led sidelights and put in factory ones the foglights are still ok? Just a coincidence or are they connected in anyway because of canbus? The reason im asking is im fitting a hid kit and got projector headlights on the way and would like led sidelights again but im concerned about the foglights popping. Thanks.

Unless you live somewhere really foggy I don't see why this is an issue anyway? You surely can't blow fogs unless you're using them, and they're only worth using about the 3 days a year when it's dark and foggy in most of the UK.

It's illegal to run around with your front Fog Lights on at night unless it's really foggy, furthermore it's very annoying for everyone to be confronted with a vehicle displaying four lights thus adding to the extra dazzle of oncoming vehicles.

DB.

There won't be any connection between using LED sidelights and your foglight bulbs not lasting. I believe it is coincidence that they've been OK since you put standard bulbs back in the sidelights.

How refreshing to see someone answering the question. To the rest of you, you forgot to berate him for the illegal HIDs he's about to fit.....

:notme:

How refreshing to see someone answering the question. To the rest of you, you forgot to berate him for the illegal HIDs he's about to fit.....

:notme:

I answered his question as well, stop white knighting for no reason, you contribute even less when you criticise those that do contribute, you just **** the thread up with off-topic personal comments.

I answered his question as well, stop white knighting for no reason, you contribute even less when you criticise those that do contribute, you just **** the thread up with off-topic personal comments.

Oh Mister Kettle, meet Mr Pot!

1) What is your post if not white knighting for no reason

2) What is your post doing if not "**** the thread up with off-topic personal comments" (incidentally my comment was non-personal)

Put your handbag away FFS! I doubt my contribution was any less irrelevant than the first two that, in answer to the question of "could led side lights cause my fog lights to fail" said "are you sure you need fog lights" and "fog lights dazzle me".

You're obviously upset and feeling left out, so here you go:

Fog lamp bulbs can overheat and blow when used constantly as running lights, the enclosure is very small and gets very hot leading to early failure. It's a car, not a christmas tree after all.

How refreshing to see someone else who almost answered the question but only for the glory because he then got upset about not being recognised for it.

How refreshing to see someone else who almost answered the question but only for the glory because he then got upset about not being recognised for it.

That's not really what I meant, you're obviously a 'seagull' contributor, flap off and return upon your noble steed when there are more wrongs to be righted.

That's not really what I meant, you're obviously a 'seagull' contributor, flap off and return upon your noble steed when there are more wrongs to be righted.

Absolutely not. Do you have any evidence for that accusation? Have you read all of my 2000+ posts and performed statistical analysis to show how many of my posts are useful/on topic or otherwise? Or are you basing your entire opinion of my character on two posts.

Applying the same logic (a character profile based on two posts), you seem to have summed yourself up quite well in the statement you make above your picture.....

You'll obviously be wanting the last word, so I'll grant you that. Just know that my answer to you next post is "whatever". I didn't want an argument, but there's always someone who does.

And you obviously don't see the irony of your accusation that it's me that's filling the thread up with off topic stuff - it takes two to tango you know. 

Whats

What makes my hids illegal?

It was a reference to another non answering of questions. The norm on here when anyone asks asks a question about hids is for a discussion on their legality to follow and for someone to tell you how there are too many people with no automatic leveling/badly adjusted/no washers/wrong lamp type that dazzle them and what a thoroughly bad person you are for even considering them

However, it's your car so enjoy and do what you want with it

Whats

What makes my hids illegal?

Nothing as such, unless they cause dazzle to other road users. The official letter on the subject always talks about "you should have this, that and the other with aftermarket plasma discharge lights". In this context "should" means "we recommend that you have these but it is not mandatory".

Also thanks for the replies not too sure what all the arguing is about but the reason I use my fogs a lot is at car meets etc

Ah, ok, if you'd said that right off I could have said that the issue is that the fog bulbs are overheating since there's no airflow over the units. It's nothing to do with the side (or head) light circuits as such.