Joining the crew

soapywalrus

Just popped a new post in the Hello section, but thought I would say hello here too...

Was a long time user of this forum until about 2011 because I used to have a MkII Octavia vRS which I adored, but moved on from VAG for a while.

Mrs Walrus and I run a big family car (C5 tourer), a little runabout (Mini) and a motorbike, usually she using the C5 with the kids, me commuting on the bike and the second car getting limited use when we split the kids at the weekends and do different things, or if I don't use the bike for work for whatever reason.

Anyway, our 11 year old Mini needs replacing, and I was keen to come back to Skoda, so have just ordered a new Citigo Monte Carlo, in red. Was looking at speccing a new one but cut a bit of a deal on one the dealer had ordered as a demo and was waiting for delivery of, so should get it in 2-3 weeks (I am told it is currently in the dock in Germany awaiting shipping).

I am oddly excited about hopping into a 60bhp city car, especially after reading all the tales of back-lane heroism on here!

Looks like the Walrus will be back on Briskoda again!

• Like 1

Agree, electric adjustable mirrors and an extra 30bhp and it would be perfect. Can't see me keeping mine longer than I need to

Don't mean to brag.. but I have both[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hyphons

I am oddly excited about hopping into a 60bhp city car, especially after reading all the tales of back-lane heroism on here!

It can be a lot of fun in the lanes, just keep the revs up!!, which can be hard with an auto!!, it still amazes me its grip, feels like the old mini in a lot of respects, pity you picked a slower colour to be honest!!

It can be a lot of fun in the lanes, just keep the revs up!!, which can be hard with an auto!!, it still amazes me its grip, feels like the old mini in a lot of respects, pity you picked a slower colour to be honest!!

Choose your words carefully sir :D :D