Replacing headlight

Fkn pheasant smashed my driver side headlight tonight. Is this easy to change out? Where is the cheapest place to buy a genuine light unit?

Pre facelift 2013 halogen with washer.

It's a bumper off job i'm afraid. It's all DIY if you're handy with a socket set. A 2nd pair of hands helping with the bumper is advisable. 

At least being halogen there isn't the problem of resetting the self levelling system. 

When you do remove the light,  carefully mark around every bolt that holds it in place so you are 99% guaranteed to get the same fitment with the new one. 

Be careful where you source the light as the beam cutoff obviously needs to be UK/right hand drive specific. Also make sure the part number matches exactly. 

Here's an example on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-SUPERB-MK2-O-S-F-RIGHT-HAND-HALOGEN-HEADLAMP-HEAD-LIGHT-3T2941018C-/321974247520?hash=item4af7292060:g:i88AAOSwaA5WlSEW

• Like 1

Thanks. Is it fairly obvious how the bumper comes off? The lamp unit is loose and sitting back from where it should be. Luckily at much the same level as normal so not dazzling oncoming traffic.

Thanks. Is it fairly obvious how the bumper comes off? The lamp unit is loose and sitting back from where it should be. Luckily at much the same level as normal so not dazzling oncoming traffic.

Post no.14 describes how the front bumper comes off: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373951-front-grill-removal/

Bear in mind this is for a facelift Superb, but I am pretty confident they will be very similar.

A basic tool kit, plenty of time and that second pair of hands and you'll be fine. I kept track of all the screws, bolts and fixings with a piece of cardboard. Shoved the fixings in the cardboard as I went along for each side of the car, and noted what they were for with a marker pen.

Take careful note of the wheel arch linings as they were a bit of a pig to get back in position. Turns out it was mostly due to me not paying enough attention to how they were supposed to sit in the wheel arch......