2009 skoda yeti 2.0tdi elegance power steering reservoir location?

Whatsthatcomingoverthehill

Thanks all, quite interesting (its my first car with electromechanical steering). Out of pure curiosity; what happens if your car is over ten years old or a warning light comes on regarding the steering system needing attention?

...Would the steering rack get replaced?

Thanks all, quite interesting (its my first car with electromechanical steering). Out of pure curiosity; what happens if your car is over ten years old or a warning light comes on regarding the steering system needing attention?

...Would the steering rack get replaced?

You recycle it.

No, just no fluid, so nothing to top up or change. As above its an entirely electric system.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm living in the age of the spanner

Electromechanical load sensors/cells. I remember them well at their birth into F1.

I was once asked to manufacture development units and my price was too high....they were complex little beasts. They were to be purchased from me cheap and then sold on for mega bucks to the F1 boys. Those were the days.

Haha Let's try avoid the topic of being 'eco friendly'...we are talking about cars that are basically VW....

Do garages still 'service' power steering on electromechanical cars? Do Parts of the electromechanical steering sytem get spruced up on high mileage cars? Or is this now a thing of the past with this style steering systems?

Haha Let's try avoid the topic of being 'eco friendly'...we are talking about cars that are basically VW....

Do garages still 'service' power steering on electromechanical cars? Do Parts of the electromechanical steering sytem get spruced up on high mileage cars? Or is this now a thing of the past with this style steering systems?

They don't get touched unless something is wrong, and then a new one gets fitted in nearly all cases.

Some cars have an electro-hydraulic system which basically uses the same hydraulic rack as before but a motor to power to pump instead of the engine. In this case the tank may be hidden under the battery or somewhere ridiculous like the Polo 9N

• Like 1

Also I will add that there is a advantage to safety with electro hydraulic and electro mechanical. If your going round a corner and your engine blows up then you still have power steering  :D