Fan resistor pack and Door Sensor both not working

Barijohn

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've popped in here and my Roomster seems to be having a nervous breakdown for the first time in 4 years.  

First the drivers side door doesn't know it's open so the light doesn't come on, no buzzer for lights left on and it can lock itself again, which I think is the door module unless anyone has any ideas. Skoda quoted £170 to replace this, but couldn't guarantee this was the problem. 

Then the fan heater decides to only work on 4, which I am assuming is the resistor pack. Had a look at the forum and this seems to be a "simplish" but fiddly fix. Especially as Skoda garage quoted £150 to fix it. Anyone got a step by step guide and a video? 

The only concern is both going at very similar times, probably just a coincidence but just checking! 

Cheers. 

Bari. 

For the door, you would be worth checking and greasing all the connectors in the door before going for a module.

The resistor is as you say, a little tricky.

1. Remove the top glove box. (Two Torx 20 screws and a pull, then unplug the light.)

2. Remove the three Torx 30 bolts holding in the airbag.

3. Remove the airbag. Now if you want to be completely safe, before you start the job disconnect the battery and leave for a few minutes before you move the airbag unit. The trim on top of the unit will come up too, I used a good flat,wide trim tool to lever it up.

4. If you want move the airbag to a safer position, you can unplug it, but the cable is long enough to set it to the side out of the way. Remove the felt insulation from below and you should now be able to see the resistor.

5. Slight twist anti clock-wise and you can pull out the resistor, then unplug it.

Then reverse the procedure. Ensure the new resistor is seated correctly, it will give a satisfying click when in place. The airbag and dash trim may be tricky to seat but persevere.

Hope this helps, Rich.

Thanks Rich. That is exactly what I was looking for. 

Ordered a replacement pack and will give it a go. Hopefully save me the £150 Skoda wanted to do the same. If they had said £50-75 I'd have left them too it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 15/03/2016 at 19:48, Pongo01 said:

Just fixed it on our Roomster where blower only working on 4.

Very good video, but changed whole part including green resistor, About £6 on eBay vs dealer saying might be few hours labour.  Using video more like 15 mins.  Many thanks to maker of video.

Just had to spend £9.99 in screwfix for a long shaft magnetic bit holder as those torx screws are long way back and very tight

• Like 1