Skoda Fabia Scout help

Scoutguy

Hi all.

I recently bought a perfect example of a Skoda Fabia Scout.I love it. I've just a small question in terms of performance.My manual states that it's 75bhp! It appears so much more! Could this be wrong? Anyway my friend has told me that It may have been remapped? He says it will increase my mpg and bhp, Is this true? Would there be anyway I could find out?

I am totally new to this whole scene so any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe best to enjoy the cars performance and not find out if it has been mapped, as just now all you know is you bought a car, 

if it is mapped and you know it, then you really are supposed to declare on your insurance.

If your car is one that will be part of the 'VW / Skoda' engines that are able to go in for 'the fix' later this year, i would give that a miss 

and just keep your car going as well as it is, no Software Updates or the likes that might end up with it not performing as well as it does now.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

Sorry not been in touch for...Well ages.My girlfriend has taken ill. "Chemo" :-( It's a CR 1.6 Diesel. Thanks fabiamk2SE But i've check it out on the internet and it says 75bhp, Which well is a surprise! I've had a Hyundai 2.0 V6 in the past and well I'd keep up :-) It could well be that it's a diesel and drives totally different in the mid range.All aside it's a great car. I've just had a double din DVD/Sat nav etc fitted and it looks the 'Nuts'. I will try and get some photos on when I can. 

Happy motoring :-)

Regards

Daz

• Like 1