What's your best MPG?

Fusioncrust123

My best MPG yet on my half hour journey to work :-) I am finding the readout is always 1.5 MPG too high when I have properly worked it out so this would be 71.8 MPG which is still pretty impressive! :-)

20160227_204431-01_zpskwcww8o9.jpeg

20160227_204457-01_zpsgy3tm9nw.jpeg

I got 50 MPG on a 400 mile motorway return trip to Devon a few weeks ago which i was still quite pleased with as it was with wife and daughter and we were fully loaded in boot and back seat. Aircon on constantly and wife had heated seat on for nearly the whole way. Didn't hold back on the motorway either so was a worst case scenario really and so happy with 50 :-)

What's the best MPG (genuine) that other folk are getting?

We got 54 average on our trip from Birmingham to aberdeen when we picked the car up. 500 miles mostly on motorway, there was 13 miles on the clock when we picked it up. Was doing a steady 70-75 as it wasn't run in although my wide had it a bit faster for a bit!

Was very impressed although it was a bit of a shock driving a car without all the driving aids like cruise, DAB etc that we have got used to.

VRS Mike, you win! :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haven't got close to that since, my old boxing gym seem to be on a route I could really get the MPG up, was always high 50's going home but I always stuck my foot down to get home!

My worst on the same journey was 37 mpg and that was a blast! :-) So as long as I get somewhere in between most of the time I'll be happy :-)

Edited by Fusioncrust123

Had 74+ on a (fairly leisurely) trip to Wales & back, from East Riding of Yorkshire, but low-to-high 50's is normal fare, but in truth, it is mostly city driving, and the car hardly has time to heat up.

A cracking little car.

• Like 1

these high MPG in this post although look impressive are only a sample mileage and driving like a vicar.

the most sensible MPG test is fill to fill, using a whole tank over a longer range.

You then monitor it via a website or if you have the time 'to do the math' watch it over a longer period

The on board computer is not accurate, filling litres and travelling distance is.

• Like 1

my mpg is taken from the average of all the fuel I have used in the last 10 months against the miles travelled - each time I fill, I put fuel and mileage on a spreadsheet which gives me the mpg over the last filling and also a running average mpg  - hence my average is 60.05 mpg at the moment  but will soon get to below 60 as the winter driving is bringing the average down 

these high MPG in this post although look impressive are only a sample mileage and driving like a vicar.

the most sensible MPG test is fill to fill, using a whole tank over a longer range.

You then monitor it via a website or if you have the time 'to do the math' watch it over a longer period

The on board computer is not accurate, filling litres and travelling distance is.

Of course, although from measuring the readout is always between 1.5 and 2 mpg higher than the proper reading. And yes, the readings I gave above are for my half hour ish drive to work and for that journey 71 mpg is the best I've got yet and that was driving very carefully as opposed to normally. Still relavent though :-)