29th of February ie Leap Year, a con? No pay, no bank interest,better way?

lol-lol

First World problems ay? Life's tough, the amount of people losing sleep over this disaster must be all of, mmmmmm (scratches chin),

one? 

• Like 1

Just a fact of life that some earn 2 sigma above the mean, median, mode and some 2sds the other side, been at both sides of the distribution curve. Be happy i pay as much NI and PAYE so others can pay less. (Except George does let us do some great income tax avoidance ie pension relief that he really should close for fairness).

Many people don't feel the need to inform others though.

Many people don't feel the need to inform others though.

I personnal prescribe to the open book policy where I wish I knew how much each person in my organisation was being paid, I view this as fair and if anything motives people to "go" for certain jobs.  I also agree with the policy that The John Lewis Partnership has that a boss can only earn a certain ratio over their lowest paid worker, think it is twenty times with JLP.

Part of the problem is that most people do not appreciate just how much some people view that what most people think as large amounts of money as relatively small amounts of money.  When George Osborne introduced his first austerity budget (freezing and effectively cutting public servant pay) a few weeks later he went a few days holiday that cost over £10K.  He has reputedly just spent over £30K on having his bald patch roots done.  This is the man telling nurses etc they cannot have a pay rise.

Openness I believe in.  No wonder we live in the mess we currently are when there are such double standards, lack of transparency and information.   I was quite happy to being a Civil Servant earning circa £20K a year but with Gordon Gekko types in charge I would encourage any public servant to cross to the Dark Side until Public servants are valued fairly.  "No legacy is so rich as honesty", Billy S.

My main worry for tomorrow is fighting off all the women wanting to propose to me...

So far so good on that front, not even an offer from M-I-L!

I did like the comment on people taking their entitlement of sick leave, I seem to remember that some of our (ex) hourly paid fitters operated a "fair to them" rota system for that sort of thing!

29th February......

I've just been told that I am a lot older than my 60 year old mates mum ffs....( she is celebrating her coming of age today ).......she is 'younger' than my daughter !