What is the standard equipment that should come with spare wheel.

asteconn

Hello all - quick question about the stuff that should come with ones spare wheel.

Whilst I had the spare out yesterday to look for something that fell under the boot floor, I noticed that I've got a few spaces in the foam equipment holder, including rather worryingly the hole where the towing eye should go.

Here's a photo of the thing - what else am I missing?

post-120590-0-95874700-1456758629_thumb.jpg

Nothing that's it all. It's the same unit for the Mk4 golf and a few other Vag models. Actually you have two screwdrivers instead of the one. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest

some come with a plastic clip , like large tweezers for removing wheel nut plastic cap protectors, and some come with a ring with a l shaped hook on ot to remove larger center caps that cover all the wheel nuts

The black plastic tweezers is there as is the bent bit of wire thing, the bolt spinner handled screwdriver can be handy, one thing that I add to my tool kits, if not already supplied for that model is, a threaded normally solid black plastic dowel pin the help locate the wheel on the hub, not essential on most cars, but can make a panic wheel change a bit easier.

A bit worrying that the towing loop is missing if Octavia needs one.

Edited to include bent bit of wire thing!

Edited by rum4mo

I know about my rear eye, used it a few times to tow broken down vehicles with. Is the front a screw-in like on the Mk 2 Fabia or is it permanent, just hidden behind something? Regardless, I've ordered one off ebay for pennies, even if it's not needed for my car, if I need to tow someone else's I have a spare.

Having the 2 screwdrivers is quite useful, I daresay - one of them has a hex-bolt in the handle that's handy for screwing in the wheel nuts before tightening them with the bar.

I reckon the large space in the middle is for a tow ball, perhaps?

Edited by asteconn

Front tow eye is behind drivers side bumper lower grille. I've ordered a wheel aligning rod, very good idea[emoji1303]. Also good idea with the screwdriver, might have to look for one of those too[emoji848].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk