Proud newbie...

Hi everyone...

After many years of planning and decision making... I'm, now (nearly) the proud owner of a 63 plate Superb 140 TDI Elegance Manual mk2 with lots of extras (Including the panoramic sunroof... hill hold etc ).

Looks lovely in silver and am picking it up at the weekend from Williams Select in Manchester...(Great service so far...)

Just would like to say hi there... and if anyone has any tips for me for future reference or things I should look out for.. the car has done 52k miles in two odd years mainly motorway driving -  full service history etc etc..  so hopefully won't throw up any surprises... all the same any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated..

We only do about 7k a year.. my main worry would be the DPF issues with short runs... and any likely biggish bills on the horizon...

: )

• Like 1

Welcome! Congrats on the purchase, you'll love it. 

We had similar concerns on the DPF, as my wife uses the car in town mostly, and we do 8000 miles a year. Our 2010 140 TDI Elegance (DSG) has had no DPF issues to date (currently at 79,000 miles total). 

No big bills I can see looking back on our service history. Rear shocks needed replacing at 60,000 miles. Our brakes (discs and pads) now nearing replacement time, and the DSG fluid and filter service is due (your DSG service should have been done about 40,000 miles). None of these is a huge cost. Check your service manual for when the cambelt is due, as its sooner than what we have in our NZ manual.

Cheers

Matt

I was also concerned about having a dpf as I do up to ten small journeys a day. I decided in the end that I was prepared to take it for a blast down the motorway when required but after 3 tears I have never seen the dpf light come on yet. 

The bigger concern is the battery that seldom gets a decent car charge but was never an issue with previous cars used for the same purpose.

I now carry a boost charger permanently.

The car is so nice that I still want to keep it though.

The panoramic roof is a complete joy, even with the blind closed. I have however found it has leaked twice in two days with no visual evidence as to why, drain channels checked and flushed and seal wiped over. No permanent stain on the headlining, not occurred since.

Hope you enjoy your motor

Super thanks everyone for the kind and helpful comments...  one last thing on this gen superb what is the alarm spec .. is it a Thatcham style? Am not sure what to put on the insurance docs.... brochure says 'Alarm with interior monitoring and tilt sensor'.. cheers Chris : )