Audio maximum not loud enough.

Hi all, maybe i'm going a bit deaf at 51 my better half thinks that but that's just selective hearing, the audio system in my Octavia 2.0TDI seams a bit quiet on maximum settings, obviously its down to the USB stick or CD a bit but tried a few recordings which I like a bit loud and could do a bit more decibels, have looked on the settings for the audio and they are maxed out. Any way to improve this any way .Thanks 

Check bluetooth/aux/USB volumes in the audio settings. I had this when I was using aux and theres an option to make it much louder in there.

Check bluetooth/aux/USB volumes in the audio settings. I had this when I was using aux and theres an option to make it much louder in there.

Correct. There are 3 sensitivity settings for aux inputs. Just watch when you change it though, as the difference is quite large.

Hi all, maybe i'm going a bit deaf at 51 my better half thinks that but that's just selective hearing, the audio system in my Octavia 2.0TDI seams a bit quiet on maximum settings, obviously its down to the USB stick or CD a bit but tried a few recordings which I like a bit loud and could do a bit more decibels, have looked on the settings for the audio and they are maxed out. Any way to improve this any way .Thanks

Hi mate as you're referring to. "CD" I'm assuming you have an MIB1 set up from an earlier model year. The volume on these is a well documented issue. MIB2 later cars offered an improvement, but short of replacing factory speakers (which some have done to varying degrees of success) I'm not sure there's much to be done. Disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the old bolero that cant play loud. My solution was to fit the VW plug & play soundsysten, which is a amplifier for all speakers and a subwoofer.

• Like 1

The legal Audio limits in Europe are much lower than the rest of the world so I would imagine its a setting somewhere that you can set. I know on MP3 players and phones you have to set the country of use to somewhere out of Europe and it becomes more audible.

Another reason to get out of Europe.

I have MIB1 Amundsen with stock 8 speakers in my 2014 Octavia Elegance...Ive had MIB1 Bolero and MIB2 Amundsen equivalents in two Golf GTD's also.

The MIB1 and 2 systems in the Golfs both went louded than the Octavia.

In all cases the systems are quite sensitive to poor quality media...well recorded high bit rate stuff sounds v good....poorly recorded low bit rate stuff really gets shown up.

I think the Octavia system sounds good, just doesnt go loud enough as some weird frequency capping is employed I think to prevent distortion either to protect the speakers or limit door trim rattles. Its really bad on some v bass rich electronic music though where the trebbly sections deafen you..then it goes v quiet as soon as the heavy bass cuts in.

Essentially, it's down to the piddly amp. It's literally amazing what oem speakers can do if you stick a decent amount of power to them. Increased power not only increases a speakers ability to move move, but also control it better, you get better transient control of the cone and it sounds like it should sound.

Concur with comments on source. If I compare a streamed version on spotify at the low bitrate I have set for streaming, vs the downloaded copy at a high bitrate there's a huge difference.

Google 'audiotec Fisher PP 41DSP

It's a plug and play 4 channel amp

This looks like a really decent solution. Coupled with maybe some upgraded speakers and maybe in time the subwoofer add on. However, am I missing something, I can't seem to find anywhere actually selling it....

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

It's German. I managed to find one company sticking and fitting in the south (chippenham) called asc audio. You could try calling them and asking who the UK distro is and then looking for a fitter.

It's a bit of a niche market I'll admit and very few people think of doing it

Personally I'd just amp them. I've done car audio for years and imhe, whilst new speakers are nice, to get the real value from them you need to spend a good amount of time and effort in the fitting. Just swapping them out would be a but if a disappointment given how much you have to outlay for a decent set of components....and then you'll start the slippery slope....and run active rather than passive to get the most from them.....that way dragons live....

And is there a setting anywhere in the MIDB2 Amundsen to compress the sound for driving? I'm something of a hi-fi freak, but no point in a car if you can only hear the loudest bits. DAB is supposed to provide this compression option, but so far no luck.