Delivery times

Well, it's actually ordered from near my parents, down in Wiltshire. I'm a student, so no lender would be willing to authorise stuff, but need to commute long distances to different placements, so my parents are very kindly helping out in that regard. They've already got a Superb on finance, so it was all really easy and the dealers were very good. They're also looking at replacing their Superb in the not too distant future, and the dealer was excellent, probably to try and get that repeat business!

I'd guess Sheerness for mine, unless they also ship to Southampton?

Sheppeygirl, my car was about 7 days from arrival at Sheerness to collection at Motorline Medway so it could be this weekend or early next week.

Vc-10, yours will probably be on a different ship as it will probably be delivered to Grimsby or Immingham given your location.

Neil

Fingers crossed for weekend collection then, would be nice to have ready for bank holiday weekend and a trip down to Portsmouth so I don't increase the mileage on my. Urgent car right before I trade it in.

Mine is also sat at Emden waiting for the boat to the UK. Hoping to collect it next week. Can't wait! :clap:

The African Highway is currently on its way to Grimsby estimated arrival Tuesday evening and the Weser Highway is loading in Emden now, due in Grimsby Wednesday night. The Mediterranean Highway is on its way back to Emden from Immingham due in tomorrow morning.

Let's hope your car made it on to one of the first two.

You can track them here https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home

• Like 2

As Sheppeygirl says, the African Highway is the ship that usually services Sheerness but it goes where it's needed and that's currently Grimsby.

There is also the Schelde Highway which used to shuttle between Grimsby/Immingham and Emden but that's in Bremerhaven at the moment so it may have been retasked.

Basically look for any ***** Highway ships coming out of or docked at Emden and check their destinations.

My car was at Emden on the 25th April and there have been so many boats into Grimsby since then but still no word from my dealer. :( 

Hoping that I'll get a call soon saying its at the dealership and its just skipped a few communication steps...

My car was at Emden on the 25th April and there have been so many boats into Grimsby since then but still no word from my dealer. :( 

Hoping that I'll get a call soon saying its at the dealership and its just skipped a few communication steps...

I'd ring the dealership...

• Like 1

So, according to the dealership, it's in the UK, which is good news! Can't wait. I saw a red Fabia SE in the car park at the hospital today when I was leaving work, looked great, and just served to make me more excited!

• Like 1

Rang the dealer. Mine is also in the uk! So hopefully not much longer to wait. So should be around 8 weeks from order to delivery which I think is quite impressive.

UPDATE: Got a call from my dealer, my car is finally done. It will be here in Latvia on Monday and I'll get it next Friday. :)

About time! Where do we meet for a race? :)

• Like 1

I was told a week ago mine would be 2-3 weeks. Standard spec corrida red Monte Carlo hatch, with spare wheel. Was lucky one was already in transit, unaccounted, on the system. Perfect. Just hoping for news it had arrived.