Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)

Ive had this error a while and i think its time i did something about it

2 Faults Found:
00562 -  Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
            30-00 -  Open or Short to Plus

I know its the sensor on the sump, but where does it go too up top, i would like to trace it, before replacing the sensor as it may be wiring related.

Hmm this is odd Fabia's should nt have this.... wtf. Is i coincidence that i have a different size sump plug than normal also ... Maybe i have a mk4 engine lol

Edited by FromTheDarkness

Me not knowing is not the same thing as "Fabias shouldn't have this"...

I've seen it in wiring diagrams as a 'might be fitted' item, but haven't read any discussion about them in here as far as I remember.

Edited by Wino

Or I'll amend to shouldn't have one.

Is it plugged in? UK MK1 Fabia didn't run variable servicing to they weren't installed.

However I've seen a fair few sumps swapped over and a sensor put in as they all have the hole in them as a replacement part.

Or I'll amend to shouldn't have one.

Is it plugged in? UK MK1 Fabia didn't run variable servicing to they weren't installed.

However I've seen a fair few sumps swapped over and a sensor put in as they all have the hole in them as a replacement part.

It does have one, and yes its plugged in and works, i get a error if i unplug it.

Im wondering now, how to check engine > chassis number.

Edited by FromTheDarkness

It does have one, and yes its plugged in and works, i get a error if i unplug it.

Im wondering now, how to check engine > chassis number.

Pretty sure mine has one too, also plugged in

Well that certainly is pretty odd.

Can check the wiring back to the dash. Normally the wiring goes behind the driveshaft and up around the gearbox. Seen plenty broken around there. Checked fuses?

All fuses seem fine, ive checked them recently. Not that i would know which controlled this. 

I could well be wrong then. None of mine have had them and I don't recall them being fitted but maybe some did.

Yeh I remember seeing it a while back, figured it was a sensor but didn't get a warning or anything when I found the car had beggar all oil in it once.

They usually flash up to inform you your engines broken rather than your low on oil.

As said, I've had plenty Fabias now, basically every year and spec and none have them.

I will take a pic ;) rarer than maxidot :P

• Like 1

Look through the measuring blocks of "Instruments" module with VCDS, anyone who has this fitted. If the clocks are compatible and coded correctly, you'll be able to see oil level and temperature.

• Like 1

For a  2004 ASZ with factory wiring to this sensor, the three wires seem to be as follows as far as I can see:

Pin 1 of sensor, ignition live black/yellow wire from pin 11 of the 14-way connector just below the main chassis-battery earth stud behind battery. Originates from fuse 7 in cabin.

Pin 2 of sensor, earth/0V, brown wire, connects to a bunch of other earths somewhere within engine wiring loom.

Pin 3 of sensor, output signal to clocks, brown/green wire from pin 12 of same 14-way connector. From there it goes via one of the firewall connectors where it changes to a  green wire, ending up on pin 4 of the 32-way connector that plugs into the back of the instruments module/clocks.

For a  2004 ASZ with factory wiring to this sensor, the three wires seem to be as follows as far as I can see:

Pin 1 of sensor, ignition live black/yellow wire from pin 11 of the 14-way connector just below the main chassis-battery earth stud behind battery. Originates from fuse 7 in cabin.

Pin 2 of sensor, earth/0V, brown wire, connects to a bunch of other earths somewhere within engine wiring loom.

Pin 3 of sensor, output signal to clocks, brown/green wire from pin 12 of same 14-way connector. From there it goes via one of the firewall connectors where it changes to a  green wire, ending up on pin 4 of the 32-way connector that plugs into the back of the instruments module/clocks.

Wow Great, but also quite a lot of wiring for a sensor ... ^^

I can rule the back of the clock one, as ive checked there.

Fuse 7 i will check, any idea what rating this fuse should be? doesnt show in the manual

VCDS > INSTRUMENTS>    any idea what block, i cant find oil level / temp.

Fuse 7 is a 5 amp mini-blade. Will try to find block numbers but don't have laptop with vcds on it with me. Think I can find a screenshot or photo though.

Edited by Wino

• 5 months later...

Ive had this error a while and i think its time i did something about it

2 Faults Found:
00562 -  Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
            30-00 -  Open or Short to Plus

I know its the sensor on the sump, but where does it go too up top, i would like to trace it, before replacing the sensor as it may be wiring related.

Did you eventually fix it? I have the same problem (although it's on octavia mk2) and would like to get some pointers before I get underneath the car.

Cheers