SmartLink issues

1 hour ago, AndyO2 said:

Works fine for (iPhone 6 on latest iOS release). Still on topic (just) has anyone had issues with local microphone volume during calls whilst in CarPlay mode? Person at other end can barely hear me, I can hear them fine. Is using car mic. If I unplug and use Bluetooth, no issues. (I accept this is a first world problem :-) )

Have you checked on your phone, if its possible to change mic? it may sound like its using the phonemic,

• 3 months later...

Did you get the issue with the microphone sorted? I've just had SmartLink activated and people are complaining they can't hear me when I use CarPlay to call them but no issues when using the native bluetooth.

I thought it might be a USB issue (I believe the call is routed via the USB cable with CarPlay rather than bluetooth).

On 08/06/2017 at 11:57, lunaticwithin said:

Did you get the issue with the microphone sorted? I've just had SmartLink activated and people are complaining they can't hear me when I use CarPlay to call them but no issues when using the native bluetooth.

I thought it might be a USB issue (I believe the call is routed via the USB cable with CarPlay rather than bluetooth).

You are correct - with CarPlay the phone connection is via USB, rather than Bluetooth or Wifi (I don't think even the latest Skoda's have Wifi CarPlay - last time I checked it was a very few car manufacturers).

The last time I used CarPlay & made a call, the audio was ok (people could hear me), though it's quite rare for me to use CarPlay so I'm not 100% - will try & check over the next few days. For information, as far as I could discover there are no microphone gain or volume settings in CarPlay; there are settings available via VCDS but these would be global e.g. would increase the gain over bluetooth from what I understand - I've not considered those settings as an option. I was going to raise it with the dealer at first service in 3 - 6 months if it's still an issue; though if I used it more or had just paid for the function to be enabled I'd have more urgency.

• 5 months later...

I've recently changed my Android phone and had some issues with linking it up to Smartlink. It might not be helpful for Apple products, but after changing the cable, I discovered there was a Mirrorlink button on my phone, under connections, which needed to be turned on to allow the phone to sync up with the header unit. Might be worth checking if there is a similar thing on your iphone.

Smartlink stopped working on my Nexus 5 phone after the last Android upgrade (to 8.0 Oreo).

This article fixed the problem for me: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/unable-to-connect-pixel-nexus-to-pc-android-o-fix/ 

It's easy to do, and might help others who have Android phones that don't work.

• Thanks 1

• 6 years later...
On 08/06/2017 at 11:57, lunaticwithin said:

i have same issue if anyone can shed any light on this?

Edited by Tdawber