make my octy vRS go "BEEP"

Isn't this something you can change with VAGCOM.

Along with making the doors lock at a certain speeds, and turning off the "no-seatbelt" beeper?

No experience myself, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere!

Isn't this something you can change with VAGCOM.

Along with making the doors lock at a certain speeds' date=' and turning off the "no-seatbelt" beeper?

No experience myself, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere![/quote']

If you have an alarm then yes it can be done with vagcom but if you don't have an alarm sounder fitted then there is nothing to make the beep sound.

Sigma do a very good Cat1 upgrade that uses the factory key fob to lock / unlock the doors. It has a Cat1 alarm and upgrades the standard cat2 immob to cat1 while its there.

Mines the M32, comes with a keypad for adding features later on or arming things like anti hijack that it has as standard. you can also lock the car down completely so not even the fob will unlock the doors, you have to open the door with the key i.e. break in. and disarm the alarm with a pin number on the pad. apparently thats for use when you go on holiday and leave the car in a carpark or on your drive.

with the standard cat2 immob that the vRS comes with from the factory there is no way of added beeps or hijack door locking through vag-com, the system just doesnt have the ability.

TBH i dont use the anti hijack the M32 has as standard, i prefer to use the lock / unlock button on the drivers door when i know i'm driving through a dodgey area... which is half of my commute every day !

I've just been through all this situation with alarm (or lack of it) on the VRS.

I thought my car had an alarm fitted till I read a few threads on here and was amazed to find out that Skoda fit alarms to the luxury end, but not the sports model..... where's the sense in that idea?:confused:

I even had a look at the car and noticed that there was a micro switch on the bonnet catch, so I tried getting the car to make a noise but I got nowt out of it...... which I suppose would happen if there was no alarm :rofl:

As far as I am now aware, the LED on the door pin just informs you that the deadlocks are on (correct me if i'm wrong)

So I ended up getting GAP to fit a CAT2-CAT1 upgrade in the shape of a Clifford Avital Maxx2. Make me feel a bit more at ease now thats fitted.

Price was 366 all in.

go to Toad or Sigma alarms on the net (Sigma own toad) and do a search for recommended fitters in your area.

i found one in Birmingham that were mobile. they came out to me at work and fitted the system in a couple of hours. i cant fault the system or the work they carried out either.

FYI all west mids police octy's have the same alarm as i do and Subaru were fitting them as standard to the WRX