Started tweaking

The spaceback will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and today marked the first delivery of 'bits' [emoji6] [emoji48]

Eibach spring kit and sill protectors which, time permitting during school holidays, should all be fitted by the beginning of April.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Beware Skoda dealers and the factory approved kit.  It has the wrong spring ratings for petrol versions and has been fitted incorrectly to at least 2 Rapids on here.

Better go to the eibach catalogue for a 30mm drop or H&R for a 35mm drop (other brands are available)

Edited by camelspyyder

This is what has put me off getting it so far. If i could trust getting it from the dealers and keep the warranty id be all over it but cant risk fitting them myself. All of my cars have had suspension related issues fixed under warranty so keep it is a must!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

The dealers fitted the only factory approved kit to Stormchasers car.

It had spring rates set for the diesel (which is 200lbs heavier on the front than the petrol).

They gave the (petrol) car a nose up attitude because the front springs were too strong.

This messed up the high speed aerodynamic and mechanical balance.

Another on here who had the dealer fit option found the ride height different left to right!  God knows how that one handled.

You should buy the (correct rated) springs (the eibach and HR catalogues are very clear) and take them to a garage that knows what they're doing - not a main dealer clearly.

• Like 2

What model spaceback do you have? I am tempted to get the spring kit for my my16 1.2 110 spaceback. Looking forward to a few before and after pics?

Got a MY16 1.2 110 Spaceback too, it was the showroom model.

Right, so how do I know if they've sent the correct springs? The kit is being fitted away from the dealer so no worries there but don't want to have to buy 2 crates of beer for fitting twice.

• Like 1

Got a MY16 1.2 110 Spaceback too, it was the showroom model.

Right, so how do I know if they've sent the correct springs? The kit is being fitted away from the dealer so no worries there but don't want to have to buy 2 crates of beer for fitting twice.

There are part numbers posted in another thread with the details showing the correct springs. This would be for the 105bhp which had a different engine so im not sure if the new 110bhp car will use the same springs?

Im sure one of the guys above who've been on here longer than me will he able to provide the link :)

So after a morning of conversions with the dealer, Skoda UK and Eibach it appears the correct kit isn't available for our car while maintaining warranty.

Cheers for the heads up though people, would have been much more of a headache if I'd gone ahead with fitting.

Calipers to be painted instead when I get a couple of days free.

• Like 1

So after a morning of conversions with the dealer, Skoda UK and Eibach it appears the correct kit isn't available for our car while maintaining warranty.

Cheers for the heads up though people, would have been much more of a headache if I'd gone ahead with fitting.

Calipers to be painted instead when I get a couple of days free.

Whilst maintaining warranty on suspension related items or the whole car?

ie... if so, if  the engine had a problem (and not modified) why would that not be covered on warranty?

Edited by MickA

Yeah, obviously anything suspension related could have warranty issues. It would be fine if problems occurred elsewhere on the car.

However, as it's just a cheap means of family transport I'm going to take longer to decide if and how to modify it to our desires. The springs were a cracking price and mates rates for fitting made it an easy decision. The correct springs will be approximately double what these would have been fitted :-o

Maybe if we are still enjoying the car in 6-9 months then these things will be undertaken. As the car is less than 3 weeks old there's no rush :-)

So Stormchaser had dealer fit, importer approved, warranty unaffected springs that completely messed the car up.

Why dont Skoda UK just approve the lower rated front spring for the petrol? Its listed in the Eibach catalog...

• Like 1