Number plate surrounds..again!

Hi all,

I am a new to the mk3 Octavia after trading my 2007 mk2 vRS in for a 2014 mk3 vRS combi. After 9 years with my old one it was hard to move on but these things have to be done I guess! Anyways I picked up a set of Mlada Boleslav plate surrounds for my (legal here in Ireland and the norm) pressed metal number plates back in 2008, I forgot to remove them from the car and new car has horrid plastic skoda dealer plates which I plan to ditch and get a set of metal plates and surrounds. Any idea where I can pick up a set of newer skoda-auto.cz plates like these ones in the link:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/265606-fs-genuine-czech-number-plate-surrounds-new/

Or are they like hens teeth??

I have a nice set of 'Audi Tradition' plate surrounds for my b5 S4, I have also seen the 'vRS motorsport' plate surrounds but dont like those.

Apologies as this seems to have been asked alot in the past but I couldnt find a recent answer in the search and have looked on eBay to no avail.

Alan 

Edited by AMB_1

If you read the manual they don't recommend them for the Octavia 3, as it affects the sensors in the front bumper for the pedestrian protection system.

It says don't use licence plate holders.

If you read the manual they don't recommend them for the Octavia 3, as it affects the sensors in the front bumper for the pedestrian protection system.

It says don't use licence plate holders.

My car doesnt have front PDC sensors and doent have a .'radar' in the front grill for collision protection or adaptive cruise control so it should be fine to fit them.

Pedestrian protection system fires the back edge of thr bonnet up if you hit them.

Standard on all Octavia 3.

Thanks for the info. I would still like to fit a plate surround to the rear and switch to a metal plan on the front without surround on the front. 

Pedestrian protection system fires the back edge of thr bonnet up if you hit them.

Standard on all Octavia 3.

I thought they removed that feature on the UK models?  isn't on mine unless it was brought back in.

EDIT, discontinued due to cost - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/257060-active-bonnet/?hl=%2Bpedestrian+%2Bprotection#entry3168288

Edited by sworrall

Eireplates still do the ones you had.

40b335cee2be50e5d82c0d96278f732e.jpg

But if you ask Trevor nicely he might do a set of the ones you're looking for once you send a pic.

I should say my plan for the morning is to get tar remover out to the Skoda symbols on them to make them look cleaner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by EoinM

• 2 months later...

Stupid question of the week from me (again)

I have just bought a set of the VRS motorsport ones, having looked at the plate I see its stuck on with sticky patches, are the screw holes pre drilled on the front and rear or do I need to get a ton of new sticky patches to hold the surround in place?

I appreciate that I could just go and pull the old number plates off to check but I'm bereft of sticky bits at the moment.

Thanks as always.