Pulling to left

Had this problem for a little while where my car is wondering off to the left, pretty much from 30mph upwards when I let go of the steering wheel.

Today I lowered my car on AP coilovers (was on standard suspension) and have replaced both top mounts, both drop links, near side ball joint and track rod end.

Just went and got my tracking done but it's still wondering to the left. The guy that done my tracking did say the offside wishbone was a quarter of an inch further back to the nearside. Would this be the problem? Thanks :)

Had this intermittently for ages. Got the car lowered and it's stopped. New set of tyres might do the trick too

Tyres are pretty much brand new and matching. How much did you lower yours by?

Had this problem for a little while where my car is wondering off to the left, pretty much from 30mph upwards when I let go of the steering wheel.

Today I lowered my car on AP coilovers (was on standard suspension) and have replaced both top mounts, both drop links, near side ball joint and track rod end.

Just went and got my tracking done but it's still wondering to the left. The guy that done my tracking did say the offside wishbone was a quarter of an inch further back to the nearside. Would this be the problem? Thanks :)

Could well be, Have you got a before/after printout of alignment stuff, or wasn't that made available?  That observation suggests unequal castor angle, which may well be relevant, I should think.  

Have either/both consoles been off the car at any time during your ownership?

• Like 1

Tyres are pretty much brand new and matching. How much did you lower yours by?

30mm with b8s. Feels like a new car!

Saying that, I changed the console bushes too, not sure what solved it.

• Like 1

Could well be, Have you got a before/after printout of alignment stuff, or wasn't that made available? That observation suggests unequal castor angle, which may well be relevant, I should think.

Have either/both consoles been off the car at any time during your ownership?

Yeah I did get a print out. The front left caster, to current measurements, is 4.09 degrees positive. And the front right is 3.32 degrees positive.

I haven't taken either consoles off during ownership, however the previous owner said he replaced the rear console bushes with the uprated cupra ones.

30mm with b8s. Feels like a new car!

Saying that, I changed the console bushes too, not sure what solved it.

Did you replace both bushes? I think that might be the next job to do

Mine pulls slightly to the left. All bushes, joints, etc are perfect. Gave up trying to rectify it and just accept it now.

• Like 1

Mine pulls slightly to the left. All bushes, joints, etc are perfect. Gave up trying to rectify it and just accept it now.

Yeah seems quite common on these doesn't it. Annoying but livable

Yeah I did get a print out. The front left caster, to current measurements, is 4.09 degrees positive. And the front right is 3.32 degrees positive.

I haven't taken either consoles off during ownership, however the previous owner said he replaced the rear console bushes with the uprated cupra ones.

Hmm, what about camber diffs on the front wheels?

A quick look on google suggests caster inequality will make it steer towards the side with less caster, which yours isn't.

With camber differences, it'll tend to pull to the side with more camber apparently.

Hmm, what about camber diffs on the front wheels?

A quick look on google suggests caster inequality will make it steer towards the side with less caster, which yours isn't.

With camber differences, it'll tend to pull to the side with more camber apparently.

Front left camber is -1.10 degrees, front right is -1.25 degrees. The tears are pretty much the same aswell

have you checked the tyre pressures match? How bad is it pulling to the left? can you feel it pulling whilst your steering?

Yeah tyre pressures are exactly the same on each corner. It doesn't pull as such, it's more a wonder/veering off to the left when I let go of the steering wheel. Sometimes it can be okay though and stay in a straight line

Yeah tyre pressures are exactly the same on each corner. It doesn't pull as such, it's more a wonder/veering off to the left when I let go of the steering wheel. Sometimes it can be okay though and stay in a straight line

You sure its not just the road camber, I'm pretty sure every car I've owned has wanted to go left if I let go of the steering wheel

Normally yes. Personally when setting them up I try to bias the camber so there is slightly more negative on the left. This helps by pulling it up drainage camber.

How big of a job is aligning the subframe?

You sure its not just the road camber, I'm pretty sure every car I've owned has wanted to go left if I let go of the steering wheel

Could well be. I've owned the car for just over a year now and it's only started doing it recently

You normally do it as part of a four wheel alignment check/adjust.

So if I go to a decent garage that does 4 wheel alignment they will be adjust it to within the correct tolerances which should stop it pulling