2006 laurin and klemit headlights

wonder if ayone can enlighten me as to whether my 2006 1.9 105bhp larin and klemit should have factory xenons?

has anyone got a link to a picture of the inside of a one from the rear with the cover off as a reference

ive got 2 lights to go on the motor as I'm repairing it (light cat d) but the 2 I have sourced are the standard halogens, and do look different internally to the original ones which are slightly damaged (get to that in a min)

, the motor does have headlight washer jets ect

hope someone can help me out,

I do have the lights which came on car, but as you can imagine they weren't unscathed being a light front bump, but if I'm gonna fit them again I need to repair the threaded part on both lights where the bolt comes through the front panel  with the plastic nut on, what would be the best stuff to use to repair them? 

I was thinking of using epoxy resin, and applying grease to the bolts, and seating them in whats left of the threads on the headlight, then applying epoxy, hopefully the grease would stop the resin sticking to the bolt, and also then I should have the correct threads once bolt removed after the epoxy has cured

will this work ???

Edited by moiloon

Its easy to tell if the car should have Xenons or not. The xenon fitment is VERY different to any halogen fitment.

All you need to find from the oem lights is the cable which the bulb plugs into.

This is a D1s xenon cable: https://factoryxenon.com/word/wp-content/uploads/imported/7/17/OEM-10-13-Buick-LaCrosse-Xenon-BALLAST-to-D1S-Light-Bulb-WIRE-WIRING-CABLE-CORD-321946135817-2.jpg

H7 is a 2 prong plug.

yes I do have manual height adjuster next to the cluster dimmer, so they are xenons?

No, Xenon equipped cars would have automatic headlamp levelling and no manual adjuster in the cabin :)

mines is an 07 L&K with Xenons but as I didn't buy it new I can't say if they where standard or optional .. I don't have a headlight adjuster just the dimmer switch so u guess that's the easiest way to tell what's fitted .... Height adjuster present you have Halogen no height adjuster you have Xenons

Its easy to tell if the car should have Xenons or not. The xenon fitment is VERY different to any halogen fitment.

All you need to find from the oem lights is the cable which the bulb plugs into.

This is a D1s xenon cable: https://factoryxenon.com/word/wp-content/uploads/imported/7/17/OEM-10-13-Buick-LaCrosse-Xenon-BALLAST-to-D1S-Light-Bulb-WIRE-WIRING-CABLE-CORD-321946135817-2.jpg

H7 is a 2 prong plug.

Its even easier than that.

Look at the dash, if there is a headlamp level adjuster, its got halogen lamps

I guess it also depends on country too

I have 2006 L&K fitted with factory Xenons

Depends whether or not the original buyer specced (and paid) for them.....my 2006 L&K has factory Xenons, but it cost the original buyer £500......I know because the car has been in the family since new.