suspension uprade

skud 34

I want to uprate the suspension on my 2001 octavia Vrs,probably with coilovers and anti-roll bars but I am not sure which kit to go with,has anyone gone down this route and can recommend a particular setup ?.Any advice would be appreciated :confused:

im petty sure most people will say kw coilovers variant 1, 2 or 3. the versions are basically the about the adjustability you have so 1 is height adjustable only and three lets you play with height, damper settings etc. two is a bit in between :D.

for anti-roll bars go for an upper and lower set on the front from an audi s3. on the back neuspeed seems popular. search the forum and you'll find loads of info. hope that helps a bit!

• Administrators

Using standard suspension (but changing to coilovers in the near future (h&r or bilstien))

Using Neuspeed ARB's, adjustable on the rear and to be honest, they transformed the car more than coilovers alone on last octy.

For comparison KW's v2 best track, v3 best road is the generally regarded view.

Not sure on the H&R's / Bilstien, will find out soon :D There are also various other brands inc fk I think.

s3 strut braces i'm sure you mean ;) golf mk4 anti roll bar works well on the rear(eibach on mine) R32 is reported to work well up front

yep ;) sorry wasn't thinking. well maybe try the strut braces before the arb as fitting the front arb is a pretty big task in comparison and you may find the strut braces are enough to get the handling you want (for the cash theres really no reason not to try the strut braces anyway!). but yes if you decide to go all the way then i would go golf r32 front arb, neuspeed rear arb (28mm?), audi s3 front upper and lower strut braces and either v2 or v3 of the kw coilover series. car should be a completely different beast then! again sorry for the comfusion!