Any recommendations for a replacement battery.

Bosch are good for oem replacement.

Banner are good for the money, could get a running bull model for about £100.

Above that you have hollywood batteries from www.audioboffins.com, xs power from blade ice and also oddesy batteries

Cheers chaps, any part nos or pics of the Bosch battery's a few of you are using?

As I have put my reg in on EuroCarParts and just brings up a load of numbers and no pics or info for any specific battery's for my car.

Go for the Varta E44, it is the Bosch S5 but without the expensive Bosch stickers  :D

Both these batteries get rave reviews, and for less than £70 delivered are very good value too.

The Octavia takes a battery size 096. This is the S5 in my Octavia Scout.

Picture%2043-5_zpsnq15cofa.jpg

It was only after I bought it did I discover the Varta E44 is the same but £10-£15 cheaper!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/096-E44-577400078-heavy-duty-car-battery-/121933771637?hash=item1c63d1b375:g:7JwAAOSwHjNWBUQ2

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 4

That seller hasn't got back to me, Iv looked at another seller and asked if the Varta E44 is compatible for my car, and they asked for dimensions and the battery on my car is smaller than that one so have recommended a Varta D15 which is more like the original battery size, would this be ok?

Thanks for your help and input Silver1011 it is appreciated :)

• Like 1

That seller hasn't got back to me, Iv looked at another seller and asked if the Varta E44 is compatible for my car, and they asked for dimensions and the battery on my car is smaller than that one so have recommended a Varta D15 which is more like the original battery size, would this be ok?

Thanks for your help and input Silver1011 it is appreciated :)

Skoda have a reputation for fitting small / low cost / under powered batteries, cost saving I guess.

Does your car have the hard plastic case or the soft material cover around the battery?

If you do go for the bigger 096 then you might need to leave the material blanket off as it won't stretch around the bigger battery.

Personally I would go for the E44, especially if the car is a keeper. When it comes to batteries and the winter months bigger is almost always better  :D

• Like 1

Skoda have a reputation for fitting small / low cost / under powered batteries, cost saving I guess.

Does your car have the hard plastic case or the soft material cover around the battery?

If you do go for the bigger 096 then you might need to leave the material blanket off as it won't stretch around the bigger battery.

Personally I would go for the E44, especially if the car is a keeper. When it comes to batteries and the winter months bigger is almost always better :D

My car has the soft material cover around the battery as you say and the car is a keeper a great car for all our family needs :)

Like you say bigger is better and all that lol Iv just ordered one, thanks for your help kind sir ;)

I will report back when Iv received and fitted it.

• Like 1

Good choice.

She'll serve you well!

All fitted this afternoon, and must say it starts much better. Thank you again for your help much appreciated that's why this forum is so good compared to others Iv been on before, people on here are happy to share there knowledge :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...