Octavia Estate (mk3) Load Area?

Hi,

I'm in the process of narrowing down my next car and I'm currently considering the Auris Sport Tourer or Octavia Estate.  For the life of me though I can't find the internal dimensions of the current Octavia estate load area.  

For the Auris, the load area is 1452mm wide and 1115 long with the seats up, and 2047mm long with the seats down.

Could somebody kindly post the dimensions of their Octavia estate's load area for comparison please?

I can find plenty of sources quoting load volumes in litres and external dimensions, but volumes are much harder to visualise than the actual internal dimensions.

Thanks in advance

Brochure says Octy estate boot is 1050mm long (hatch is 1084mm!!) and volume is 610 lites with the seats up & 1740 with them down (hatch is 590/1580). Doesnt give a width...

Edited by cherry evo

The 1452mm width is not the actual size, but distance between the deepest points of the recesses on both sides. The actual width of the loading zone I found for Auris is 990mm.

When comparing the loading zone, check how easy it is to pack it / utilize the space. Personally I find the access, height and the shape ("boxiness") even more important than the mere volume.

• Like 1

Brochure says Octy estate boot is 1050mm long (hatch is 1084mm!!) and volume is 610 lites with the seats up & 1740 with them down (hatch is 590/1580). Doesnt give a width...

thanks, so the 1050mm looks suspicious as surely the estate is at least as long as, if not longer than the hatch. The Octavia is also wider than the Auris, just wish I could find a figure. I guess I'll have to take a trip to a dealer with a tape measure....

The 1452mm width is not the actual size, but distance between the deepest points of the recesses on both sides. The actual width of the loading zone I found for Auris is 990mm.

When comparing the loading zone, check how easy it is to pack it / utilize the space. Personally I find the access, height and the shape ("boxiness") even more important than the mere volume.

Thanks, and I completely agree.  These days "estate" cars aren't as boxy as they used to be hence it's proving difficult to judge them on paper.   I'll just have to look at both in the flesh and take a measuring tape with me.

thanks, so the 1050mm looks suspicious as surely the estate is at least as long as, if not longer than the hatch. The Octavia is also wider than the Auris, just wish I could find a figure. I guess I'll have to take a trip to a dealer with a tape measure....

The 1050mm on brochure is rear seats to light cluster. Whereas the 1084mm on the hatch is rear seats to slightly past light cluster. Why the difference I do not know. Length wise both are 4659mm.

Best get that tape measure out and get a pad and paper ;-)

Ok Sorry Prog. ;-)

Boot at its narrowest is round 1050 WIDE at the base of the seat backs it's 1060 DEEP and from the top of the seat backs it's 850 DEEP.

It's raining, I now have a wet back but you're welcome. :-) Also not sure what is important to you, but the Auris is DULL to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well, Ive just transported a 185x60x55cm fridge in the Octy. It just went in with the seats almost at the frontmost position. And lid didnt quite close, but it was centimeters away from closing.

It works for short distances.

Edited by Gromle

105 cm from back to seats.

Width 101 cm.

From down up to luggage compartment cover is 58 cm but if you have variable floor - 44 cm.

If you have net between passanger and luggage area, then dimension between variable floor to net container is 33 cm.

From down to roof is 80cm but with variable floor is 68 cm.

If you put rear seats down then you have 200 cm long (my driver seat is set up for me 176 cm guy).

If you have option to fold front passanger seat then you can put cargo 290 cm long.

Hope you find this useful.

• 2 weeks later...