when did MFD come in?

£111? or £110? 

I thought the Greenline of that year was something like 114g/km CO2 which is band C, which would be a VED of £30 a year. 

As for the Maxidot display. It depends on what model your Greenline is based on. It was more like a 'Green' package attached to a specific model ie S, SE, Elegance etc. 

S model didn't have maxidot as standard i'm afraid. 

If the CO2 is 130g/km, it isn't a Greenline, just a standard 1.6TDI 105 S. 

That's from a June 2011 onwards brochure: 

1.6 TDI CR 105PS DPF. The economical four cylinder 1.6 TDI diesel engine in the GreenLine II produces just 114g/km CO2 which means a VED band of C, which is £0 road tax for the first 12 months. 

Edited by dstev2000

S model didn't have maxidot as standard i'm afraid. 

If the CO2 is 130g/km, it isn't a Greenline, just a standard 1.6TDI 105 S. 

That's from a June 2011 onwards brochure: 

1.6 TDI CR 105PS DPF. The economical four cylinder 1.6 TDI diesel engine in the GreenLine II produces just 114g/km CO2 which means a VED band of C, which is £0 road tax for the first 12 months. 

DVLA

Manufacturer Skoda Model Superb S Greenline Ii Tdi Colour White Fuel Type Diesel Engine Size 1598cc

Edited by lichfielddriver

Hmmmm everything I can see says co2 is 114g/km for the 1.6 greenline and 130g/ km for the standard 1.6.

Take a look at pages 8, 9 and more specifically 10 of this Skoda Superb brochure..... http://www.johnmulhollandmotors.com/uploads/pdf/1319799473--brochure_superb.pdf

Either you don't have a greenline..... Or if you do you're paying too much road tax..... I'm assuming it's the second of those as the greenline badges on the car would discount the first option.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Is it the original dealer who tells the DVLA what the car is etc at first registration? Or is it Skoda UK? Or is it done some other way?

Whichever way if it is badged as a greenline and was sold as a greenline someone has messed up big time and surely you would be inline for refunds for each year you have had the car.

From my dealer days I think it is the manufacturer that states "this car is this model etc etc" I know when we had new VW's arrive there was loads of paperwork that came with them, although I suppose most is done online now like everything else... 

The other question for lichfielddriver is this.... Was it bought from a Skoda dealership as new or from a Skoda dealer / somewhere else as a used vehicle. If it was bought used there is the possibility that someone at some point has badged a normal 1.6 diesel as a greenline to make it more desirable.

• Like 2

The other question for lichfielddriver is this.... Was it bought from a Skoda dealership as new or from a Skoda dealer / somewhere else as a used vehicle. If it was bought used there is the possibility that someone at some point has badged a normal 1.6 diesel as a greenline to make it more desirable.

Good point... and with no major physical way to tell who would be any wiser... especially if it was from a "non Skoda" dealer...

This is what the Greenline II will have fitted over and above its standard spec. 

The CO2 still suggests it's not a Greenline. Someone somewhere has messed up and you should be paying £30 VED per annum. 

The codes on the car's build sticker in the boot and the service book will yield some more information on what it actually is. 

GreenLine II specification is as Superb S, but with the following additional features

• Optimised rolling resistance tyres (205/55 R16 91H)

• Stop/start system

• Ride height is 15mm lower to improve aerodynamics

• Energy recovery
• Small rear boot spoiler (Hatch only) • GreenLine logo on the boot 

details were off the DVLA website

details were off the DVLA website

as ive created a bit of a 5hitstorm ill post the VIN when Jnr is here, he only rents the car so not very very bothered

Not really a 5hitstorm..... Just that people were trying to help you maybe get refunded for being incorrectly charged each year by the DVLA......

So can you confirm what you bought the vehicle as? I notice in the thread about greenline cars and speed bumps you say yours isn't a greenline but now you're saying it is?

Are you saying you know your car is a standard 1.6 diesel but that the DVLA say it's a greenline but give the co2 and tax correctly as a standard 1.6????

I'm getting confused now.......

Edited by WaveyDavey

checked a 62 plate greenline off ebay

Manufacturer Skoda Model Superb El G-Line Ii Tdi Colour White Fuel Type Diesel Engine Size 1598cc

Road Tax 12 Months £30 Road Tax 6 Months £N/A Registration Date 08 Jan 2013 Vehicle Age 3 years 2 months CO₂ Output 114 g/km ©

Not really a 5hitstorm..... Just that people were trying to help you maybe get refunded for being incorrectly charged each year by the DVLA......

So can you confirm what you bought the vehicle as? I notice in the thread about greenline cars and speed bumps you say yours isn't a greenline but now you're saying it is?

Are you saying you know your car is a standard 1.6 diesel but that the DVLA say it's a greenline but give the co2 and tax correctly as a standard 1.6????

I'm getting confused now.......

we have two 1.6td superbs, mine is a 15 plate non-greenline, the lads 12 plate comes back off DVLA as a greenline but £110 a year road tax

we have two 1.6td superbs, mine is a 15 plate non-greenline, the lads 12 plate comes back off DVLA as a greenline but £110 a year road tax

Ok..... So what did he buy it as? A greenline or non-greenline?

DONE

I would say it appears to be a "Greenline"... It did appear to have the "Greenline" grille badge fitted, although nothing n vehicle data states "Greenline"

Just replied to your PM ;)  

Wouldn't the easiest way to verify if it's a real Greenline be to check for the existence of the Start/Stop Button beside the Gear Lever? As far as I understand only the Greenline has Start/Stop fitted, and that button to disable it.

• Like 1