Sorry tyres Again! Advice please :)

Uniroyal RainSport 3 £56 from camskill 

I love the grip they give in the wet and I live in Glasgow so its always wet..

They do wear very fast so I am trying vredesteins next..

• Like 1

ive narrowed it down to 3 225/40/18

-Pirelli Pzero Nero 

-Goodyear Efficentgrip performance

-Toyo Proxes t1

-Uniroyal Rainsport 3

:|

Of those, definitely the Goodyears or the Toyos

I've never been a fan of Uniroyals (and used to live near a wholesaler for the make) and Pirelli have spent so long propping up the "brand name" part of tyre test results that I'd be very reluctant to go near them, particularly since the UK is colder and wetter than Italy.

Glad you've come to a decision :)

Let us know how you get on. £250 is pretty good value!

• Like 1

Glad you've come to a decision :)

Let us know how you get on. £250 is pretty good value!

The RS3's are surprisingly cheap... I got my last RS2's online with Camskill and got them fitted locally..and will probably give the 3's a try in the next couple of months as I'm below 2mm now..

try Camskill for tyres if you've not already... but do your homework for delivery and local fitting as a local tyre garage may have offers on..

The RS3's are surprisingly cheap... I got my last RS2's online with Camskill and got them fitted locally..and will probably give the 3's a try in the next couple of months as I'm below 2mm now..

try Camskill for tyres if you've not already... but do your homework for delivery and local fitting as a local tyre garage may have offers on..

They do sound surprisingly cheap! I know about Camskill, so when I get to needing tyres I will check them out.

The local tyre fitters I use are pretty good, so I might be able to negotiate something!

We have just put a full set of Uniroyal RS3's on the VRS. Done a few hundred miles on them. Very impressed so far. Also got them on my van and the Boxster.

Would be intrested to hear the results as I have recently brought a vrs tdi dsg hatch and it has an awful drone at 70mph, again the tyres don't appear unevenly worn, and I have had the 4 wheel aligment and checked and double checked the wheel bearings so when I finally get the car back from it's gearbox fault (assuming it's not from the box) I'll be looking for 4 new tyres to cross that off the list 

Would be intrested to hear the results as I have recently brought a vrs tdi dsg hatch and it has an awful drone at 70mph, again the tyres don't appear unevenly worn, and I have had the 4 wheel aligment and checked and double checked the wheel bearings so when I finally get the car back from it's gearbox fault (assuming it's not from the box) I'll be looking for 4 new tyres to cross that off the list 

Hi All,

So after deciding on the Uniroyal Rainsport tyres i am REALLY inpressed! the noise i had while on motorway and breaking had GONE!! its smooth and the grip in the wet is unreal! HIGHLY reccommend these so thanks to all who helped! Also she s had a new throttle body inlet or something like that lol and is a totally different drive now! well happy! just 1 issue with my front drivers fog light that will not work after takling a while to understand how to get to it and remove bulb replaced to fine this still wont work :peek:  and advise welcome as always thankssss