Debadging Bonet, Tailgate and "Engine Badges"

Hi All

I'm a little green here as I've just recently bought myself a 2012 superb - similar to this http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=141bf8c21ab447a69d091c7f8b13dd45

What I want to do is a complete debadge of the car including the skoda badges Bonnet and Tailgate . Can anyone advise on how best to do this. I've found a great post by Chan110 to debadge the so called "engine badges" But what can I do about the actual Skoda badges. How do I remove the skoda badges?? are there any colour coded covers I can put to replace the badges

Also what can I do to cover the skoda logo on the alloys - perhaps really stong adhesive silver stickers or something

Thanks

Salim

If I remember rightly I used dental floss to get the letter badges off the back of my Octavia, and then some WD40 I think, of all things, to get the residue off from underneath.

I think it is a bit more difficult for the Skoda logo because it is inset into the boot lid on my car but I don't know about superbs.

• Like 1

Hi I got some great info on removing the badges from this thread

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/322439-new-badges-fitted/page-3

This is for changing to the new badges but has great tips on how to remove..not sure about the engine badge or what you could put in in place of them.

Edited by Squattingbeaver
  • Like 1

If you have a poke around ebay you should be able to find centre badges or stickers for the centre caps on the wheels. I recommend replacing them all with BMW logos  so you can reduce wear and tear on the indicators... :P

• Like 1

JohnMurphy, on 07 Apr 2016 - 09:34, said:

Can i ask, why debadge your skoda, or any car for that matter? People will still know what type of car it is.

I just like a car with a 'clean' symmetrical look and I'm trying to go for a really clean look....

Edited by SalimShady04
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Check this web site for the badges you need http://www.superskoda.com/skoda-merchandise/ new style badges for wheels and hood but to fit older vehicles. I've used them several times for LED interior lights, door wind deflectors and new type boot badge. Received all items very quickly and all fit first time, only down side is led lights don't come with instructions on how to remove the old lamps or fit new.

Not always as straight forward as they appear!