New Media Systems

I've just been checking out the new VW Tiguan and spotted that the 3 media systems (Composition/Discover/Discover Pro) all have the 8 inch screen. The Discover looks like it's the Composition with Sat Nav and the Discover Pro is a Discover with a 64GB SSD, voice control, a DVD drive and access to Google Earth. Both Discovers have access to online traffic, news and weather via a mobile (3 year subscription included). Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are optional on the Composition and standard on the Discover systems for the Tiguan. You can check out the details in the detailed specs here: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/tiguan-nf/which-model-compare 

What shocked me is that VW are charging £1,300 to upgrade from the Discover to the Discover Pro! I don't know if there are more differences than are noted in the brochure, but that's a lot of money for so few extras.

I'm hoping these new units will filter down to the 2017 model Octavia and Superb.

MY17 Superb's are rumoured to all come with the new 8 inch units exclude the entry S model which gets the Amundsen, I read this on a german or Czech forum with no factual eviendance at this stage.

If i had to guess... it would be a MY18 onwards spec change.

All unconfirmed still until the MY2017 product guide is released.

Edited by RickTT

What shocked me is that VW are charging £1,300 to upgrade from the Discover to the Discover Pro!

It's actually £1365 so even worse! :thumbdown:

It would be nice to actually compare the features and I believe that some of the later VW's have got these systems already. I have a test drive of a Golf GTD recently and that looked to have access to the Google maps but as it had only ever been a demo car, the online parts hadn't been activated.