Superb Mk2 Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror and Loom

Eddie-NL

I have for sale an Auto dimming interior rear view mirror and loom

Condition: Used, removed from a car that High Beam Assist retrofitted

Oddly the mk2 Superb S & SE (2008 - 2013) Pre-facelift had Auto Lights and Wipers but didn't have an Auto Dimming Interior Mirror.

The Mirror comes with a loom that needs to be wired into the fusebox and ground (reverse light connection and interior light)

£38 Delivered

I can fit this if you collect

mirror2_zpsx6hoxigv.jpg

mirror3_zpswg4kj7gt.jpg

Hi Eddie,

Is this one with the "updated" 4 diamond sensor rather than the 3 'blob' ones found on the early octavias? If so is it a straight swap/plug and play? As my octy might need a new screen soon and my sensor is up the creek for the wipers!

I don't think this includes a rain/light sensor.

It's just to upgrade a non auto-dimming rear view mirror with the auto-dimming version assuming a rain/light sensor is already installed.

Ahh ok, makes sense. Just trying to find a way to fix my stupid panicky auto wipers whilst having the screen swapped! Looks like this probably isn't what im after, thanks for the info though.

How much effort would it approx be to fit this? Missing this on my Car, and while not essential would be nice to have.

not too bad

The minimum requirement would be 12v switched live and Ground

to fit it like factory would require

wire into the interior light and join a wire to the reverse light feed (to stop the mirror dimming on reverse and when you switch the interior light on)

mirror just pulls off

• 1 year later...