Real time mpg on a 1.2 DSG?

I've averaged 46.7mpg over 9600 miles on my 1.2tsi estate. Most miles on a commute into central London so mixture of dual carriageway at 50mph and stop start traffic. Am pleased with this.

That's really good. Hopefully my mpg will improve as the engine loosens up. Currently averaging just under 44.

Did you expect to get that much better MPG from a 108bhp petrol Euro 6 emission engine.

Your vRS was Euro 4 emissions & 130 bhp and a dirty diesel so 46 mph could be expected with one.

?

What MPG are people getting on a run with a 1.4 TDI Fabia?

Not a Fabia 1.4TDi diesel but I got 509 miles out of a tank in my Polo on a trip away from Kent down to Bath and usually running around but I couple of night shift runs to work. The refill was 39 litres when the fuel light came on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I do 80 miles a day mostly motorway but i stick to 60/65mph and i'm nearly on 15,000 miles in 9 months and mine will get 53mpg going and 56mpg coming home for some reason they're different must by uphill going lol, i am well pleased with that just disappointed with the rest of the experience of my first Skoda  

I have now clocked in just shy of 13k in my 110 dsg, the first 10k (up to the first service) i was averaging about 49mpg with a mixed driving area, both motorways and around town, with the odd boot to the floor drive for the fun of it. 

After the first service I now average 53mpg across the same area of driving. The only difference with mine is i do have a Maxchip Pro on there which may / may not help my economy, still cant work out the economy bit, but in terms of power, much more noticeable. 

The oil was changed and the Service & Oil change often helps improve the MPG because what is filled in at the factory has a function 

and it does that well during the running in period but sometimes better out than in.

Not a good idea to change the oil too soon as it does well 'Driving in a new car', 

but sometimes even if a car is on Variable Servicing it is worth changing the oil after 9,000 miles or so for the first service IMO.

I think I'm going to be very impressed then when my car's had its first service, it's only done 700 miles and I'm already getting several journeys going well over 50 mpg. Who needs a TDI or a hybrid when you can get these sorts of figures with a nice smooth TSI petrol?

Do new cars not get a 1500m first service to change the running in oil like in the "olden days"? Picking our new colour edition up this week and I'm surprised to see that variable service is 2years or 20k!

No they do not.

But a member in Scotland had their new car going to Arnold Clark for a 6 week check over.

Do not go with Variable Servicing if you do not do high annual mileage you can have it serviced 'Fixed Servicing' at 10,000 miles (9,400) 

and annually if you want.

Going 2 years without a professional checking your car is a bad idea if you are not checking things yourself. IMO.

I doubt your Variable servicing will be at 20,000 miles, but then not much difference being 19,000.