Found my first vRS :)

Cheers! Have spoken to both the owner and the garage that look after it, and both have confirmed it's a good 'un. Brakes, suspension, belts and clutch all done, head gasket changed in December, serviced last month - "has wanted for nothing" according to the garage (rang them off the number on the recent service receipt) and turbo reconditioned last year as well. Oh, it also had an lpg conversion done when it had 15 miles on the clock (it's a 2005 model - so one of the last) - excited doesn't cover it!

So if anyone see's a Discovery with a silver vRs on a trailer anywhere along the M1/A1 tomorrow - it's me - you will be able to tell from the big grin on my face

Hmmmmmmmm......not sure I like this news..

But only coz I'm still waiting to be able to get mine..

Good luck fella, hope it's as good as it sounds for you  :beer:  B)

• Like 1

Pics to follow. Have had a quick look round and so far looks good. Few areas of surface rust to sort (rear edge of sills, round lpg filler) all surface stuff though. Leading edge of bonnet has many stonechips on it, few on the wings too.

Worst bit is someone has jacked it under the sills, so they need attention as the underseal has been damaged. Oh, and a broken dipstick tube to sort

New hazard switch and dipstick tube ordered today - also need a new ashtray as it doesn't stay shut :( pretty sure it's just the insert and not the actual lid, as the insert keeps popping out

Rusty stuff is just surface stuff, worst is round the lpg filler.

LED bulbs are fantastic, pricey at £45 the pair, but way better than halogen, even nightbreakers

Edited by octyal

These http://fourby.co.uk/epages/950004277.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950004277/Products/LEDH4

Will get a pic in the dark. Had them on my discovery and well impressed with the output, the driver units even fit inside the mk1 headlights

Edited by octyal
  • Like 1