2017 Model Year

Expatman

Does anyone know when Skoda will announce Model Year 2017 changes?

Not referring to the "new" Yeti due 2018 but simply any changes to the existing car for 2017.

About 6 weeks after they have started producing them.......................................................................

Sorry, heading for "The Corner"  :angel:

Can't think that they would bother making much in the way of changes, especially with it due for replacement before too long.

As Urrell says the catalyst for the 2016MY changes were the EU6 engines, not much else really changed.

Maybe they will make the 1.4TSI more widely available?

My guess would be a few more 'toys' if anything as they tend to do this to maintain interest in runout models. My guess would be perhaps to see cheap additions like smart link become standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting for a build slot for my MY17 Yeti. I should get a date in 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Out of interest where did you get the MY17 specs from?

Edited by TruckbusUK

Out of interest where did you get the MY17 specs from?

I dont know what the 2017 specs are, I have ordered a 1.2 TSI Outdoor SEL with DAB &  Smartlink. Dealer phoned yesterday to say that I have a provisional build week of Week 21. Not fussed if it is 2016 or 2017 as I dont think there will be much difference.

I dont know what the 2017 specs are, I have ordered a 1.2 TSI Outdoor SEL with DAB &  Smartlink. Dealer phoned yesterday to say that I have a provisional build week of Week 21. Not fussed if it is 2016 or 2017 as I dont think there will be much difference.

Cheers, was just wondering if you had found the changes lurking somewhere.

I'm guessing any changes will be found, if any, when speccing. a car using the configurator?

Any 2017MY changes and model run-outs are two completely different things. The latter are just the standard models with extras to make them more attractive.

Edited by VAGCF

I'm guessing any changes will be found, if any, when speccing. a car using the configurator?

Any 2017MY changes and model run-outs are two completely different things. The latter are just the standard models with extras to make them more attractive.

TBH, I usually fine places like CarFile and DTD are more up-to-date than the configurator .... and the dealers seem fairly slow to pickup on the changes, plus are much more likely to rely on the pre-built stock at the ports .... maybe they get a bonnet bonus to shift that stock first, rather than place factory orders.

:thumbup:

The configurator usually goes down for a few days when the model year changes are introduced so it could be interesting to have a look around when it comes back on-line.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has managed to find/heard anything re the MY2017 changes for the current Yeti.

My dealer states they have had no notification of changes from Skoda, TBH I'm not expecting much, but would be surprised at no changes.

:notme:

I suspect that the only ones who really know are Skoda CZ and they won't give any info other than referring you back to Skoda UK!

Been there.done that!

Fred

I'd be gambling on substantial simply to keep up.

Weight

Aero

HUD satnav etc

Style over substance

eg the new Tig is a substantial improvement over the old and obviously isn't being discounted yet but the old ones certainly were.

I'm waiting for a manufacturing date on an order two weeks ago. My dealer says that he's unable to confirm a date as the line is being reconfigured for the MY17 changes. He also said that he'd had a bulletin with the changes and as far as he could see the Yeti had none to speak of, gear knob and rear number plate light is now LED. From the on line April catalogue there are no changes I can see except the L&K 150 Outdoor DSG has gone up £250. Pleased I did a deal the week before the price went up.

I'm waiting for a manufacturing date on an order two weeks ago. My dealer says that he's unable to confirm a date as the line is being reconfigured for the MY17 changes. He also said that he'd had a bulletin with the changes and as far as he could see the Yeti had none to speak of, gear knob and rear number plate light is now LED. From the on line April catalogue there are no changes I can see except the L&K 150 Outdoor DSG has gone up £250. Pleased I did a deal the week before the price went up.

Wow, a LED bulb and a gear knob, at the cost of £250 ... bargain :smirk:

TBH, I'd expect stuff like Smart-Link and or Smart-Gate, Driver Fatigue sensor and the likes getting chucked in, cost must be marginal to Skoda, and the s/w development costs must have been covered years ago.

Edited by TruckbusUK

I'm sure at some point they'll have to do something as they've had to delay the Yeti II (I think in favour of Seat using the chassis drive chain design etc. for the Ateca). With the Kodiak,coming soon, but at 4.7mtrs they need to keep the current Yeti sales as their only smaller SUV/crossover.

Is it possible that Skoda's available production capacity has been taken up production of the new Seat Ateca and they are not concerned about a decline in sales of the existing Yeti? Perhaps they recognise the existing Yeti is reaching the end of its marketing life so will keep the price up and milk profits from those buyers who particularly want it.

Don't forget VAG need every £ they can get to cover the costs of the diesel gate fiasco. 

Or am I just too cynical?

Edited by Expatman