2017 Model Year

Expatman

The Ateca is made in a different factory to the Yeti, so I doubt it's related to production capacity. My dealer thought that MY17 changes would be minimal on the basis that MY16 was a big upgrade, with new engines, stop start, new infotainment etc.

The Ateca is made in a different factory to the Yeti, so I doubt it's related to production capacity. My dealer thought that MY17 changes would be minimal on the basis that MY16 was a big upgrade, with new engines, stop start, new infotainment etc.

""The Ateca, will be built alongside the next-generation Skoda Yeti at Kvasiny in the Czech Republic""

Auto Express says "The Ateca, which will be built alongside the next-generation Skoda Yeti at Kvasiny in the Czech Republic"  They quote an interview with Design chief Alejandro Mesonero.

But no point in getting hung up about it I guess and the motoring press do tend to get it wrong.

Auto Express says "The Ateca, which will be built alongside the next-generation Skoda Yeti at Kvasiny in the Czech Republic" They quote an interview with Design chief Alejandro Mesonero.

But no point in getting hung up about it I guess and the motoring press do tend to get it wrong.

The 'next generation' Yeti isn't the MY 2017 car. The next generation car will probably appear in 2018 and as it will have the same underpinnings as the new Seat so may well be built alongside.

I'm wondering where the new big SUV is to be built and wonder if one of the Yeti lines is being converted to build that.

I guess the Kodiak will be made alone with these (?) and that is due 2017 with a 7 then 5 seater version at 4.7 mtrs.  Agree the Yeti II is not until 2018 as best we know and all the information I've managed to see suggests it will be the same 'under the skin' as the Seat Ateca so more cosmetic changes.  BUT the hope I have is that over the next 2-3 years there will be better petrol/electric options for a Yeti II, some kind of PHEV?  Looking at the recent news from Norway/Holland the death of the diesel looks to be very much on the agenda but a lot can and does happen in car development so who knows what some engineer will turn up as a diesel variant?  

BUT the hope I have is that over the next 2-3 years there will be better petrol/electric options for a Yeti II, some kind of PHEV? 

It would have to be a LOT better than the PHEV to appeal to the majority of drivers.

People are finding out the claims made by Mitsubishi are pie in the sky for anything but continuous short journeys.

There are loads of advertisements on the radio for a "special" second hand Mitsubishi low mileage PHEV sales event at dealers, sounds like there are a lot being sold next to new.

The U.S. are all over the claims of electric range.

Their quoted range is actually achievable and realistic unlike Europe, it seems.

It would have to be a LOT better than the PHEV to appeal to the majority of drivers.

People are finding out the claims made by Mitsubishi are pie in the sky for anything but continuous short journeys.

There are loads of advertisements on the radio for a "special" second hand Mitsubishi low mileage PHEV sales event at dealers, sounds like there are a lot being sold next to new.

I do agree with you entirely about range etc.  I have talked to someone at a charging point on the M1 and whilst he did not get the range stated, particularly in the cold or when hot, he did like the overall feel of the car.

I also think that newer generation batteries and specifically designed engines to generate the power might be available in a few years time.  Realistically I'm not holding my breath and I probably think that the diesel with suitable treatments will be around for a good few years yet.

The next generation car will probably appear in 2018 and as it will have the same underpinnings as the new Seat so may well be built alongside.

I'm wondering where the new big SUV is to be built and wonder if one of the Yeti lines is being converted to build that.

Skoda are starting manufacture of the Ateca, gearing up for the manufacture of the Kodiak - and possibly using one of the Yeti production lines for the Kodiak - so it is quite conceivable that they are not too concerned about the decline in sales of the existing Yeti and will milk the price for those customers who want one.

It will be interesting to see if Skoda introduces any promotions or add-ons to boost sales over the last 2 1/2 years of the Yeti's life.

Think we are drifting a bit from the original question (interesting although it is,)

Does anyone know when Skoda will announce Model Year 2017 changes?

Not referring to the "new" Yeti due 2018 but simply any changes to the existing car for 2017

We have established production MY changes are WK22 but not when they will be released/published, nor do we know what the changes (save LED number plate light and new gear knob) are if any for the 2017 model year (existing Yeti.)

Edited by TruckbusUK

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard any updates on the MY17 dates?

I waited 4 weeks for a build date and the dealer said this was due to waiting for the MY17 builds. I now have a build week of next week, week 21, so is my car likely to be a MY17 Yeti as my dealer has suggested or a MY16 build?

Don't really mind either way, purely a curiosity thing as to what changes there may be to the brochure.

Edited by CumbrianYeti

Also noted this statement on the Yeti page;

Please note our car configurator reflects the new Model Year 17 (MY17) specifications and pricing. The remainder of the site reflects the previous MY16 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing, which are still available from stock. If you use the car configurator or order a new MY17 ŠKODA, please be aware that some differences in specification and price will occur. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer if you have any queries.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to local dealer and he thought the range will be rationalised in Autumn which is why there is only neglible changes now.

He hinted they are struggling in some sectors of range because Skoda UK don't understand the London area market where a majority want petrol autos. Off the record cursed whoever decided L&K petrol would be manual only.

I confess (for a Skoda forum) considered the new Seat Ateca until price list came out and petrol auto doesn't exist.

Let's hope new Yeti is available with new 1.5 petrol auto from launch day.

Well we ordered a new Yeti L&K diesel DSG at the weekend, differences after scouring all the dealer bulletins, nothing much ... new style badges, very minor trim changes, and discontinued colour options but nothing exciting.

The dealer principle echoed SurreyJohn but said the range rationalisation  would likely be Q1 2017 with the S, L&K, Monte Carlo and Business SE to be dropped in prep for run-out and expect a Special Edition to mop up sales.

He also moaned at the lack of a DSG petrol L&K .... crystal ball gazing, wishful thinking or some forecast briefing? ... I don't know, so little info and do you ever believe a salesman who has a target  :notme: 

We were going to order anyway, so much pencil sharpening, pleading poverty and no margin, and the deal is done. delivery to be confirmed.

So ....... I've joined the club. :blush:

• Like 1

Nice one.

I shall see what is forthcoming for the runout models and maybe go a 150 model.

I like the SEL spec I've got so something along those lines again.

Had a chat with my dealer this morning.

Apparently the only changes are not worth talking about.

Bag hook rails standard across the range.

Red marker lights in the bottom of the doors replaced with reflectors.

The Monte Carlo gets led number plate light.

The most significant change is that the glasses holder on SE L and L&K gets a warning sticker! Woo hoo.

Red marker lights in the bottom of the doors replaced with reflectors.

I've had them in my Skoda's for the last 12 years and do like them, a real backward step to save about £2

• Like 1

I agree - like the side mouldings being removed from the urban/indoor models.

I had reflectors in my last Passat which I thought was cheapskate of them, so it was a nice surprise for the Yeti to have lights. 

Perhaps they will add the lights back in the runout model! :D

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 2

1.0tsi 115 to be rolled out across the range during the 'latter part of the year' presumably to replace the 1.2tsi 110.

Rear LED lights no longer standard on Monte Carlo, but a £200 option.

Info from Skoda Dealer so can't vouch for accuracy.

I agree - like the side mouldings being removed from the urban/indoor models.

I had reflectors in my last Passat which I thought was cheapskate of them, so it was a nice surprise for the Yeti to have lights. 

Perhaps they will add the lights back in the runout model! :D

Maybe, but that's usually all the options no-one has ordered and they have a supplier stock surplus ... hence you get weird and wonderful, but rarely anything useful :notme:

Edited by TruckbusUK

1.0tsi 115 to be rolled out across the range during the 'latter part of the year' presumably to replace the 1.2tsi 110.

Interesting possibility, the problem Skoda have is that modern competitor models are coming to market thick and fast yet the new Yeti is over TWO years away. Skoda are going to have to do a major update and/or cut prices or see their market share plummet as customers move to newer more modern alternatives. I guess their options are limited by VAG's deteriorating financial situation so their hands are tied by limited corporate availability of cash to invest in an "old" model. VAG may well be happy to see sales transfer to the the Seat Ateca in the short term. Mind you they are seriously hobbling the launch of the Ateca by not having a petrol DSG model available at launch. My local Seat dealer is toeing the corporate line in public but privately is exasperated by the lack of a petrol auto version of the Ateca.

^^^^the petrol DSG will come with the first update surely and only after the upmarket brands have had their day in the sun first.

If you're desperate enough, you'll pay more for one of them would be the VAG marketing strategy.

Mmm, if the 1.0 litre is true then that's more sound decision making! :notme:

Many are asking for the 1.4 to be made available across the range and they introduce a smaller engine! :D

In a car like the Yeti and the typical uses it is put to it's a bigger engine e.g. the 1.5 that most will want not an even smaller one.

But what do we, the actual customers know!

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 1

The 1.0 TSI that will replace the 1.2 TSI has 5 PS more power, 25 Nm more torque and I suspect much better fuel consumption.