1.2 110hp tuning box

Hey everyone, 

I have been looking for a while at the remap options on the mk3 fabia's, I have my car on PCP for work and have been digging the contract for T&C's in regards to mods and changes to the car from original spec. 

I know that remapping the ECU will void the warranty of the ECU / Electrics and Engine. However there are a few large companies (that I have used before) that are now offering plug and play tuning boxes which leave no trace in the ECU. So when it came to servicing it would take all of 10 mins to pull it out. 

I know it would potentially void my warranty but im not overly worried about that being a competent home mechanic myself. What are everyone elses thoughts in regards to it or if anyone else has one connected to their car... how does it feel? is it worth the £300-400? 

Which make of Tuning Box are you looking at for £300-£400?

Do Bluespark do one for your engine at less than that cost,

and will you be able to have your insurance company cover the Tuning Box when declared?

DTUK and Chip uk are both around the £350 mark.. taking it up to 130-135hp. And I have always had modified insurance so its all good. I took a large step down in power when I bought the Monte Carlo from a VRS. 

And no... bluespark havent cracked it yet. 

I had my post asking about an engine software that changes engines torques to increase performance but noone has answered me yet about it. It seems there are not any people who have installed any software in the new Fabia or either such softwares are under development. If anyone has more info about it I would be glad as well to read about it.

Awesome GTI  have remapped the 1.2 TSI in their Courtesy Cars. (Seat Ibiza)  with APR Stage 1

& say that they did a Mk3 Fabia.

See the Awesome GTI Section in this forum.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/391830-12-tsi-remap

Well that's pretty interesting. +34bhp one stage 1 software is not a small upgrade although its about 450€ in my country (There are stage 3 programs for other cars with about 500€). I went to the revo site as well and it says the software is under development for the Mk3 Fabia.

I'm gonna wait till more softwares come out for the Mk3 Fabia and see some feedback from car owners to see how it goes!

Edited by Malediktion

At least the Swedish company BSR has now a stage one remap for the 110TSI, but I do not know if they are available in your country. Another option for you could be the RaceChip Pro2. I got that a couple of weeks back, and that does clearly give lots of more power and torque - I am very happy with it. The price (at 249 EUR) is also about a third of BSR:s full remap.

At least the Swedish company BSR has now a stage one remap for the 110TSI, but I do not know if they are available in your country. Another option for you could be the RaceChip Pro2. I got that a couple of weeks back, and that does clearly give lots of more power and torque - I am very happy with it. The price (at 249 EUR) is also about a third of BSR:s full remap.

RaceChip has more logical price and good power increase. I find BSR too expensive. Can you see the difference in accelaration with the new software? And how about the consumption?

Edited by Malediktion

I have found one in germany too... €299 for 133bhp, €399 for 138bhp and €599 for 143bhp + Remote power control. these are all plug and play boxes with apparently no electronic trace.. perfect for warranty maintenence. 

these were from CPA-Tuning... anyone ever heard of them / used them in the past? 

Well that's pretty interesting. +34bhp one stage 1 software is not a small upgrade although its about 450€ in my country (There are stage 3 programs for other cars with about 500€). I went to the revo site as well and it says the software is under development for the Mk3 Fabia.

I'm gonna wait till more softwares come out for the Mk3 Fabia and see some feedback from car owners to see how it goes!

Revo have the map sorted now, I just think the website needs updating. I have been out in a 1.2 110 (with a guy on here's car) that had been mapped by Revo, it massively better !!! 

• Like 1

RaceChip has more logical price and good power increase. I find BSR too expensive. Can you see the difference in accelaration with the new software? And how about the consumption?

I can definately feel a difference in acceleration, both high-rev, and lower rev torque, so I feel that this was a real improvement. I have not timed any "before" and "after" accelerations, but at least the car feels faster - and that whats counts for a car in daily use :)

As the box works by increasing turbo pressure when needed, the consumption while driving "normally" is not affected. I assume a DSG could even benefit from the increased torque on lower revs by using higher gears , but I have a manual. I drive the way I did before (+ a few floor-it accelrations in to highways), and have not noticed any major difference. I changed to summer tires the same day also, so I am not able to tell if a small change in consumption is caused by the tires or the box.

• Like 1

Revo have the map sorted now, I just think the website needs updating. I have been out in a 1.2 110 (with a guy on here's car) that had been mapped by Revo, it massively better !!! 

If that's the case yes the site needs to be updated because there's no choise in Stage 1 software. Do you know how much bhp did he get with the revo software? Thanks in advance

I can definately feel a difference in acceleration, both high-rev, and lower rev torque, so I feel that this was a real improvement. I have not timed any "before" and "after" accelerations, but at least the car feels faster - and that whats counts for a car in daily use :)

As the box works by increasing turbo pressure when needed, the consumption while driving "normally" is not affected. I assume a DSG could even benefit from the increased torque on lower revs by using higher gears , but I have a manual. I drive the way I did before (+ a few floor-it accelrations in to highways), and have not noticed any major difference. I changed to summer tires the same day also, so I am not able to tell if a small change in consumption is caused by the tires or the box.

Thank you for your feedback. It's nice to know that you can feel the difference in power before and after the upgrade. As for the consumption I've read that it stays about the same but I wanted to know from someone with personal experience.

By the way I would like to know what else does a Stage 1 upgrade in a car include apart from the Software and an Air-Filter change?

Edited by Malediktion

Stage one you only need the map you don't really need the air filter on these cars its not needed. The power to the wheels not the fly was 24bhp IIRC thats on 95RON on a Hub Dyno, they do the maps for 98/99 if you which the gains are only around 3/4bhp on top of that.

Edited by RS939

Stage one you only need the map you don't really need the air filter on these cars its not needed. The power to the wheels not the fly was 24bhp IIRC thats on 95RON on a Hub Dyno, they do the maps for 98/99 if you which the gains are only around 3/4bhp on top of that.

I thought that the stage 1 upgrade included an air filter.. Are you referring to the revo software by the way? Does it worth to put a high octane gasoline to the car?

Edited by Malediktion

I thought that the stage 1 upgrade included an air filter.. Are you referring to the revo software by the way? Does it worth to put a high octane gasoline to the car?

No you dont need the air filer, Stage 1 is just a map and yes the software is revo.

I opted for 95 as the gains didn't seem worth having to put in 98/99 all the time.

No you dont need the air filer, Stage 1 is just a map and yes the software is revo.

I opted for 95 as the gains didn't seem worth having to put in 98/99 all the time.

I see.. Thank you for your info!