Wind deflectors

Pictishloon

Yes, and they are effective,

On the front left @ right have Clim Air  Sport according to Box and Instructions "Made in Germany".

2. Rear 2 windows are "Team Hero", also Made in Germany".

In Australia, at the moment Temperature/Humidity have gone Crazy, Air-con is not cost effective,

+ clean fresh air is more efficient/and enjoyable,

Geoff

In Australia, at the moment Temperature/Humidity have gone Crazy, Air-con is not cost effective,

+ clean fresh air is more efficient/and enjoyable,

Geoff

I too like the rustle of fresh air but I'm not sure what you mean about AC "not cost effective".

Has anyone fitted wind deflectors to a Yeti? Are they  'Skoda'  or after market, and do they work?

Many thanks.

John

I had Heki ones on mine and found the front ones quite effective.

Unfortunately the wife broke the one on the passenger side!!

I have the Climair wind deflectors and am well pleased with them.
Ideal for helping ventilation and allows the windows to be down an inch without showing for when the dog is left in car for short periods.
Very easy and and all 4 can be fitted in about 10 minutes.

I got mine when on offer with Amazon.

Image3_zpsunznsal0.jpg

Image1_zpsqxjaskqh.jpg

Image4_zpsz86dmeb1.jpg

Image1_zpsnlmfqlqo.jpg

Not on a Yeti but on my brothers Nissan X Trail, fitted a few years ago,

for his dogs benefit.

I cleaned out the window channels with Isopropyl alcohol and rolled up

kitchen towel, and my trusty plastic spatula to "bump" them into place.

Oh! yes they work well.

Edited by gumdrop

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to answer my question.  From what everybody has said, the wind deflectors do work, and on that basis, I will order some today.

Thanks guys.

John

I see so many Yeti's with window deflectors but I can't ever say I've ever consider them to be buffeting when open to require such additions.

What am I missing?

• Like 1

With the windows open a bit it creates a lot more throughput of air, they stop the rain if windows just an inch or two open
But the deciding factor for us was ventilation for the dog as the windows can be left an inch open without the car looking insecure and giving a good flow of air.

As per Urrell - can leave the dogs with a bit of ventilation when necessary in winter and not come back to a steamed up car. I have the Heko ones, very pleased with them and would have again but now would go for clear rather than the "smoke" if available.

I see so many Yeti's with window deflectors but I can't ever say I've ever consider them to be buffeting when open to require such additions.

What am I missing?

Ahh!

You 'youngsters' wouldn't understand.

My old Austin 1800 had the full bubble one on the driver's side and I loved being able to drive in the rain with the window fully down........in those days a radio was an accessory for getting the news.

Nothing's the same anymore.