Major boot leak, it's not the washer fluid, will a new hatch seal fix it?

When mine had a swimming pool in the boot, it was leaking from the weather strip on the n/s top bracket where the boot joins the roof. Best bet is to get in the car and look for leaking while a friend hoses it down, or wait for rain. The seals around the rear lights can leak also

I've noticed before that if I jet wash around the underside of the wheel well my car has been very wet on the inside (underneath the spare) but not any other time.

I've noticed before that if I jet wash around the underside of the wheel well my car has been very wet on the inside (underneath the spare) but not any other time.

There is drain holes in the bottom of the wheel well, normally covered by black rubber gromets. It's not unusual for these grommets to slip off allowing water in underneath. But it shouldn't pool

I have had this with a few litres of water in there and its coming from the nearside void, its still happening so I have removed some trim so I can syringe the water out of the viods that fill up, I removed the light cluster and it did seem to be sealed, must get round to sorting it. cheers Stuart

Ok chaps, I was able to easily remove the old seal by the door catch and on the sides of the boot, but the seal seems tight around the parcel shelf and top area of the boot trim. Do you need to remove that part of the trim and if so any tips?

Thanks

Jez

Mine leaked through the grommet that the parking sensor wires come through in the spare wheel.

This is where mine was coming in I believe and the tow bar wiring.

• 1 year later...
On 23/04/2016 at 19:59, JezF1000 said:

Done it now! Was just really tight. Will report back in a few weeks time.

Did the new seal work? If not did you get to the bottom of why it leaked?