"Whats This" Plastic bag ?

Since I bought my Superb Greenline 1.6 Tdi  in December /15 and have not had a chance to have a proper look under the bonnet until yesterday except to fill the screen wash and dip the oil.

Anyway, I noticed that there is a black plastic bag tucked under the top of the O/S inner wing near the fuel filter.

It seems to have some foam in it. I have not taken it out and will call in the Skoda dealers and ask them...

Does anyone know if its supposed to be there ? or if so.. What for ?.. I have had a look at the N/S inner wing and there is none there.

The car is a 64 reg. (Feb2015) and was previously owned by Skoda head office in Oxford. Its done 4000 miles.

I would agree that it is most likely some additional sound proofing.  These things are often picked up post production and that is how they deal with it.  I had something similar on previous cars and I'm pretty sure there is some under the bonnet on my current one too (in the location that the OP pointed out).