Skoda fabia vrs 2004 power steering loss and flat battery

My pride and joy broke down again few weeks ago was going around a roundabout power steering went heavy so pulled over and switched her off and tried to turn it over battery dead. so had to get jumped started and drove home slowly . Next day replaced battery alternator and fault was gone until tonight happened again tonight raging. Any of u lads know the fault or came across the same thing

Does your battery light come on when you switch the ignition on? If not it will be a snapped load sensing wire. Very common.

I'm assuming you get what I meant - that the battery light does not come on (like it's supposed to) when you switch on the ignition without the engine running?

I think I'm going to make a 10 second video to illustrate this question about the battery light.

Nice idea :)

With that connector not plugged in, switch on the ignition and see what voltage you can measure by probing into that nick (other meter probe on engine metalwork or battery negative).

Does it look like the wire strands are broken or corroded inside, looking through the nick?

Edited by Wino

So, if you follow the cable down/across from that connector you'll find the connector pair on a bracket on the front of the gearbox, where that blue wire, and possibly also the other one will be broken on one or both sides of the connector pair.  Repair there in a waterproof manner, and all will be well again.

Wich is the part number of the connector? Buy one at ebay with some wire left, most of them are there. and then crimp the wires. I did that to wire of my starter solenoid and with power steering main wires. Choose heatshrink crimps so they are water proof and last longer.

Edited by dm222

See if u solder them wires together without that connector would still drain battery and throw the battery light on wouldn't it?

No, soldering them is perfectly acceptable as long as you seal the joints with self-amalgamating tape or suchlike.

Edited by TMB