VRS TSI Clutch Slip / Replacement after 17K Miles / Skoda reluctantly pays-out after proof of defect

2 hours ago, wRRM said:

I have the exact same problem as the poster on my vRS 2017.

Car have rolled about 1553 miles (2500km) and have the exact same wear on the plate with ALOT of clutch slip.

Unfortunately this was not within warranty according to the Skoda technician.

I’d send them the link to this post.

1500 miles is ridiculous for Skoda to refuse a warranty claim on a clutch.

If you fight hard enough, you will get it sorted. 

I imagine that it is almost impossible to destroy a (non-faulty) clutch deliberately within 1500 miles.

Skoda should almost certainly accept liability after such low mileage on a nearly-new car. I hope you kept the parts?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoneToBeemer said:

Sorry it's supposed to say 15000 miles, still not alot.

23 minutes ago, Orville said:

I imagine that it is almost impossible to destroy a (non-faulty) clutch deliberately within 1500 miles.

Skoda should almost certainly accept liability after such low mileage on a nearly-new car. I hope you kept the parts?

I was a little fast on the submit button, supposed to say 15000 miles (about 25000km)

Edited by wRRM

Did you keep the parts - and if so do they appear within similar condition to pictures within post #1? Placing a straight-edge across your pressure-plate should verify whether you have suffered the same manufacturing or assembly defect as I did. 

1 minute ago, Orville said:

Did you keep the parts - and if so do they appear within similar condition to pictures within post #1? Placing a straight-edge across your pressure-plate should verify whether you have suffered the same manufacturing or assembly defect as I did. 

It's still being fixed at the shop, i got to see the clutch but haven't been able to test that out. Will do as soon as they are done :)

21 hours ago, GoneToBeemer said:

Got a replacement clutch under warranty on a 1 year old Superb diesel 3 years ago, it had covered 11,000 miles, saved me over £1,000.