48.9mpg petrol 4x4

basssolo

Have covered in total 8,200 mls in my L&K 1.4tsi. I recently did my longest trip of approx 188 mls on A & B class roads. The traffic was mainly light and the weather was good with a light tail/cross wind. I was not driving for economy, in fact had to gun it a few times to pass slow lorries / home campers on 2 lane roads. Quite hilly country with some good 70 mph dual carriageways. At the end Maxidot said Average Speed 44 mph, Journey Time 4hrs19min and Average MPG 48.9.  Very impressed with this car!   

• Like 1

This is good to know! Hopefully my 1.4 will be ready for collection during the next couple of weeks. I know it will drink more than my 110 TDI 2x4 and have seen mixed reviews on economy. To be honest if I average 40mpg bumbling about Cornwall and 40+ on a long 70mph run I'll be happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

..hmmmm..I would be inclined to check the "actual" economy.

I have a 1.4tsi, (2 wheel drive), drive it like a nun and average about 45mpg.

..the computer on my old 2 ltr diesel used to tell me I was getting 55-60 mpg, but when I did an "actual" consumption check it was actually 45 mpg.

• Like 1

I recently drove (on a mix of suburban and country roads to Ballarat in Victoria) around 5 hours (including detours) and at the end of the journey the maxidot showed I averaged 6.1 l/100km (I think that's 46.3mpg?) with a total journey around 300km. I haven't refueled since coming back from that trip and my last refuel showed I am averaging 7.7 l/100 at the pump. I'm sure it's a bit lower now.

Mine's a 2016 1.4 (92 TSI/2wd) and the vehicle recently passed 1300km.

I think the "coasting function", has contributed to some of that fuel efficiency for me as has the start-stop functionality.

My Maxidot over reports by around 9-10%... interestingly the higher the reported efficiency, the larger the error!

If yours is similar that 48.9 mpg drops to ~44.7 mpg, still very impressive for the 1.4 TSI.

Edited by clv101

My 1.4 L&K has just returned it's best mpg....37.1mpg.

My previous 2 Yetis were 140bhp diesels returning around 45 mpg, at least having the £500 fuel card eases the pain of the increased fuel costs (for the moment)!