Fit Adapative Cruise Control (ACC) in a Skoda Superb

Does anybody now if it is possible to fit ACC in a Skoda Superb 3T?

Should be possible as it is based on a Golf VI where it is available with a radar mounted in the rear view mirror.

Somebody has experience with this?

I've not heard of it being done. ACC only showed up in the Mark 3 Superb and was never an option on the Mark 2. It's a feature I'd like to have, though since I have a manual gearbox it would be slightly less useful than with a DSG. I also don't know whether it would work on the twisty Irish roads I drive...

As far as I know the ACC has a radar sensor fitted in the lower grill, think the Superb 3 one is about £1200 when I looked on ETOS... 

Golfs have a square section blanked off in the lower grille which is were the radar sensor fits as far as I know on cars that have ACC

I'd have thought this would be very difficult owing to the fact that ACC requires a different stalk off the steering column?

Changing a stalk is easy enough. It's getting everything to communicate with each other. You'd have to fit Superb 3 modules and get them to work in A superb 2. You'll run into issues caused because the new modules won't support older ones, and vice versa. And calibrating the ACC system using dealer equipment, is a whole other nightmare.

As it happens, i recently had to ask prices for various retrofits for an Audi A6. This is the biggest retrofitter in BE/NL. ACC and things like lane assist were prohibitively expensive (think 5-6-7000€+). They would do it, but they flatout told me to get a car that had these options from stock because of the price. B&O sound system was no problem, neither were LED headlights or the HUD. But ACC and lane assist they wouldn't go near.

I'm not shy when it comes to retrofitting, but even i wouldn't try it. Seems like a massive moneyhole.

I meant there is physically an extra stalk on the left hand side..

Replacing a stalk is pretty easy...

I believe you would need the following modules to support ACC in addition to adding the front radar unit:

- ABS pump

- CAN gateway

- Engine ECU

- Instrument cluster

I've honest no idea if these modules will support it but at the very least I'd expect a new CAN gateway to be needed (supporting CAN-ext).

I didn't think any PQ35 based cars like the MK6 Golf supported ACC, if they do I'd suggest you find an autoscan from such a car as that'll definitely help. I'm sure I saw someone trying to add ACC to either a MK2 Superb or MK2 Octavia but I can't remember where or how far they got.

There are retrofit kits for B7 Passat which include stalks, ABS pumps, radar units and wiring. I would be very surprised if it worked on a MK2 Superb though, at the very least I wouldn't expect the ABS pump to be compatible. The ones I've seen also stipulate a colour MFD needs to be fitted which was never an option on the Superb so you'd need to fabricate one from an appropriate VW. This is a big task in itself as the layout for the Superb is very different to the VW colour ones so you'd need to create a custom facia.