JBS Clutch Upgrade

Anyone looking for a new clutch for their Octy or Fabia, here's another clutch to consider. Its a JBS Autodesigns full face carbon metallic friction plate, with high torque pressure plate and is rated at 550 lb/ft.

I'm currently trialling this clutch with my JBS GT28 upgrade, as an alternative to their kevlar option. It works with the standard flywheel and all I can say is it feels factory. No judder, no heavy pedal, just as smooth as VAG intended. The best feature though, is that it requires little or no bedding in. They are available with or without new flywheel, it'll will depend on the condition of your flywheel. They are slightly more expensive than their kevlar clutch, but its worth it to avoid the 500 town miles the kevlar requires. Give James a call re prices.:thumbup:

DaveU is having the mother of all clutches fitted to the Black Beast with an Aluminium fly wheel at Impossible Performance. :drool: I had a go in a Silver vRS with the same set up, unbelievable and it was cheap. You don't need a calf muscle like Arnie either unlike the JBS Kevlar one.

To be honest, I drove the JBS kevlar and the pedal was lighter than stock. The carbon metallic is the same as stock, not heavy at all.

The ali flywheel sounds good, but I think he'll get alot of chatter from the clutch at idle. I might be wrong, but most I've spoken to experienced dodgy tick over and noise. Which brand of clutch is it, or is it top secret?

• Administrators

My JBS kevlar is not lighter than stock...not impossible to move, but hard work in traffic.

Which is why this carbon metalic is appearing, well one of the reasons ;)

I heard the sach's (not from jbs) had problems nad were been pulled owing to fly's shattering/warping. Must admit the single mass of yours Paul felt fine for the odd bit of manouvering I did in yours, I know yours didn't blow up. Also the neuspeed single mass I find hard to track down much post install information.

@Luis, most stuff can be shipped, would not of thought the costs are too steep. The uk has recently shifted (albe it slowly) to a volume over weight, so it maybe less than you think. Possibly best to contact the partners directly, via the partners forum or there websites.

To be honest' date=' I drove the JBS kevlar and the pedal was lighter than stock. The carbon metallic is the same as stock, not heavy at all.

The ali flywheel sounds good, but I think he'll get alot of chatter from the clutch at idle. I might be wrong, but most I've spoken to experienced dodgy tick over and noise. Which brand of clutch is it, or is it top secret?[/quote']

Well I have a JBS Kevlar clutch fitted and it's quite heavy, certainly not stock like. Quite a few people have driven it and commented on how heavy it feels.

As for the Ali fly wheel there is no hint of chatter at idle. I had a very good listen to the IP 6 speed set up on an Octy vRS with the Ali fly wheel. Maybe down to who installed it in your case. Don't really know who supplies IP's fly wheels.

Hi

We are always on the look out for more power and the means of getting the power down.

We do NOT use the Sachs clutches in the petrol cars as we do know that there have been problems.

The Sachs set up for the diesels are great and will carry on recomending them to all until the time comes (if there will be one ) when we know of any difficulty.

We have used this in a very fast 150PD with quite a few mods that has been up and down the track and done a few drag starts with no problem at all.

As for the Kevlar one we have been looking in to getting something better.

So now we are testing this one with sayberdylan.

We also have this set up for ColinD so we will keep you informed.

540lb/ft IIRC on this set up.

Sarah

540lb ft !? thats a massive amount of torque...

its got me thinking actually and i'm sorry to go slightly off topic, but....

with the right internals, turbo and gearbox / clutch setup what is the rough maximum power and torque output the 1.8T vRS engine could make !?

Well I have a JBS Kevlar clutch fitted and it's quite heavy' date=' certainly not stock like. Quite a few people have driven it and commented on how heavy it feels.

As for the Ali fly wheel there is no hint of chatter at idle. I had a very good listen to the IP 6 speed set up on an Octy vRS with the Ali fly wheel. Maybe down to who installed it in your case. Don't really know who supplies IP's fly wheels.[/quote']

Hi Des

The technicians never had a problem with your clutch.

You cannot call Darren Garth.

He has a 28" waist and built like a beanpole.

He did not have a problem with your car.

Sarah

Hi Des

The technicians never had a problem with your clutch.

You cannot call Darren Garth.

He has a 28" waist and built like a beanpole.

He did not have a problem with your car.

Sarah

Don't really understand what you're tring to get at. Sorry if my comments upset you anyway. :confused:

The clutch you fitted does not have an OE feel. That's not to say it is no good or that I have a problem with the way it operates. Hope that helps in your understanding of my comments.

It would be good to find out the spec of the clutch and ali flywheel, so people can compare what's available. To be honest IP didn't inspire me with confidence. I waved a hefty wad of money under mike's nose earlier in the year, but sacked it because of the doubts about their product. They probably do a good job, just a bad experience with me.

No

Just saying that we did not think it was excessive.

Think the comment on calf muscle like Arnie was ott?

Sarah

Sorry, but it is. You should try it in London traffic and then tell me if me comment holds true. It certainly does not have the feel of a standard clutch, not that I believed that in the first place.

This is not really the place for this discussion.

It would be good to find out the spec of the clutch and ali flywheel, so people can compare what's available. To be honest IP didn't inspire me with confidence. I waved a hefty wad of money under mike's nose earlier in the year, but sacked it because of the doubts about their product. They probably do a good job, just a bad experience with me.

I think the spec of you clutch is fantastic.

That is some rating on your car.

I know it has the lovely BT but that is easily covered by this clutch.

I would say that the Flywheel will do you proud too.

Like we chatted the meat in the sandwich will look after you.

Sarah

Why not ask Mike at IP about the spec, he's back on the 3rd Jan.

I take it from your comments that your bad experience revolves around having doubts about a product. What product?

It's good to hear other peoples experiences when it comes to tuning cars, especially when it's hard facts. Helps members to make an educated guess before making a costly mistake.

Sorry delcac, I've got my wires crossed. I thought you knew the clutch package what IP was supplying to DaveU, with the ali flywheel.

I found Impossible to be rather an apt name when trying to sort out an engine conversion with Mike. I just found their customer service to be a bit lacking, especially when you're looking at spending the wrong side of

Sorry delcac, I've got my wires crossed. I thought you knew the clutch package what IP was supplying to DaveU, with the ali flywheel.

I found Impossible to be rather an apt name when trying to sort out an engine conversion with Mike. I just found their customer service to be a bit lacking, especially when you're looking at spending the wrong side of