Ticking noise

My Mk3 Octavia TDi VRS has recently developed a slight ticking noise at 1700 revs. Nothing before and nothing after the 1700 revs, I've done 50,000 and have every bit of service history. The main problem is that it doesn't happen all of the time. The dealer has said bring the car into the garage when it makes the noise. I've not been able to get the car there when this happens. My main concern is that the warranty expires in September and I'd like it fixed before it runs out.

Has anyone else had this problem?

• 1 month later...

I don't have any problems on mine but I would get the dealer to look at it anyway even if they say they cannot hear the noise.

Ask for a copy of the job report & this way if it does get worse after the warrenty expires you can use this as evidence it existed while your warrenty was valid but the garage couldnt fix/find it.

• Like 1